YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

let discuss green tea
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Diet and NutritionMessage format

Gracie
Posted 2005-03-18 12:31 AM (#19418 - in reply to #18997)
Subject: RE: let discuss green tea

Another Yogi tea fan here! I noticed that they started selling it at our local grocery store chain, in the natural foods aisle (one of the perks of living in California ). I used to drink the sweet tea in college, I think they were called Hazelnut and Vanilla Creme. Now I drink the green tea with anti-oxidants and the stress relief kava kava tea.

I wish I could find a cool tea shop here in So Cal. I found a great one in Portland Oregon, it was fantastic! One place we do have is Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, which is great - but so expensive!!! They have amazing tea lattes.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Claire DVM
Posted 2005-03-18 6:58 PM (#19499 - in reply to #18997)

I get soooo hungry after I drink green tea, does this happen to anyone else??? I eat my normal breakfast and have some green tea afterwards, and by 10:30 or 11 my stomach is GROWLING like crazy when I'm normally fine until 12:30.

I don't like it!
tourist
Posted 2005-03-18 7:02 PM (#19501 - in reply to #19499)

Expert Yogi

Claire - any tea without milk or sugar does that to me. I have to have at least a little of one or the other and preferrably both or else I get that starving feeling. It's ok if I 'm eating chinese food or sushi, though. I think the rice does something that helps.
jeansyoga
Posted 2005-03-18 9:10 PM (#19507 - in reply to #18997)

Really? I've never had that happen! That is interesting! Actually a warm beverage makes me feel kinda full for a while. What are you eating for breakfast? I do get hungry around 10:30 or 11 anyway, if I've just had a granola bar and juice for breakfast.

Now that I think about it, a diet soda ALWAYS makes me hungry, though. I never noticed it until some teacher told me they put chemicals in soda to make you hungry so they can sell more chips. Now I don't know if it's because they really do it or because I think that they do - I'm highly suggestible that way. If I were one of Pavlov's dogs, that experiment would have been over in 5 minutes.

Here's more evidence that I live in hillbillyland . . . when I read someone couldn't find a decent tea shop, I was like "There's such a thing as a TEA shop??" Around these parts we have hot water and mugs! Thank god for the internet, or I'd have my choice between Lipton hot or Lipton iced.
LoraB
Posted 2005-03-19 10:13 AM (#19556 - in reply to #18997)

Jean - a teacher told me that about the diet sodas too! It's something I noticed before but never made the connection or thought of a conspiracy -but now I notice it all the time.....I don't think of myself as particularly suggestible, so maybe it is real.
Claire DVM
Posted 2005-03-19 9:32 PM (#19603 - in reply to #18997)

Interesting. . . soda doesn't make me feel NEARLY as hungry as green tea does, but I only drink diet. . . is it in diet too? Hmm, maybe I have to quit. I should anyway. I wonder if that's true! I wish someone had the real facts to back that up, anyone?

Coffee makes me STARVING like green tea does too, I wonder if it's the caffeine? I'm talking STARVING -- I get really shaky and my stomach growls and feels like it's digesting itself! And it doesn't on regular days. I usually eat rice krispies or cheerios with milk for breakfast and USUALLY I'm fine until lunch. And I do put milk and splenda in my tea.

. .. okay I admit it, I'm hooked on artificial sweeteners! I can't help it! I need to quit!
easternsun
Posted 2005-03-20 9:08 PM (#19688 - in reply to #19310)

Cyndi - 2005-03-18 10:35 PM

Easternsun, I wish you could send us some tea too!!! I also think loose tea is so much better. One time I had some Japanese Tea in a restaurant...It was the color of a green leaf..almost neon green..it glowed. It was wierd and I didn't like it. It was in a really upscale nice Japanese restaurant too. I shrugged it off as just being a lower quality tea..

So, do they drink Jasmine tea in Japan??

japanese green tea should be light yellow to bright green - depending on the type.

some folks drink jasmine tea - it is my absolute fave and i keep a pitcher in the fridge all the time. tea is a big thing here. we have cold oolong for meals, cold jasmine and hot green for guests and of course - what me and my hubby call grandma tea - lipton tea bags with milk and sugar. he loves it!

you all have me convinced that i should try these yogi teas now - i will have to order online. i am just trying to decide on a flavour.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)