YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chakra balancing music
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Kundalini YogaMessage format

Teo
Posted 2005-03-06 3:49 PM (#18354)
Subject: Chakra balancing music

Hello and blessings,

http://Givnology.com/compose.htm shows in detail similarities and synchronicities between the seven energy centers in the human body (each on an endocrine gland) called "Chakras" and the seven notes of musical scales.

I find that singing the colors of the rainbow up the scale a great recharger and energy balancer.

Mid-page you will find 7 "continuous video channels" including affirmations, lessons, chakra balancing and so on. Open to suggestions about the coding (media) and the content (music and performance art).

May we be balanced and in harmony. Amen and Awomen.

Love and light being, Teo
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Bay Guy
Posted 2005-03-07 10:52 PM (#18442 - in reply to #18354)
Subject: RE: Chakra balancing music

Expert Yogi

What does it mean to have balanced Chakras? I once was at a yoga workshop
with a guy who spent half an hour reciting some thing that was supposed to make
us feel like our Chakras were in balance. I didn't know WTF he was trying to do
to me. It was very mystical and magical...maybe if he had explained Chakras and
what the idea of balancing them was?
goldengrain
Posted 2005-03-27 3:15 PM (#20231 - in reply to #18354)
Subject: RE: Chakra balancing music

I am not an expert, but chakras roughly match positioning with some of the endrocrine glands and follow a straight line up the spine. When people have disturbances and are deemed unbalanced, a psychic may be able to spot these problems in the chakras.
There are 7 main chakras, and they each regulate different sorts of functions of your being. Experts differ in the colors and sounds, etc, religated to each of these centers.
There are exercises to do to get these energy centers to open. What we want is for each to be opened the same degree, which results in a more balanced you.
There are other exercises which will help you progress in spiritual developement by opening them. Caution is always given because the energy travels up the spinal cord, but there are 3 channels available and if your energy goes up any but the middle channel you can end up in great pain and experience many physical and mental problems.
THere is a test that you can take yourself to help find where your problems may be. I don't know how accurate it is, but it seems to ring true for the people who I know:
http://www.eclecticenergies.com/chakras/
Teo
Posted 2005-03-28 4:59 PM (#20333 - in reply to #20231)
Subject: lu-vo-ra-ye-hi.. 'sounds good'

Thank you VERY much Goldie for such an elegant answer, and the link you shared is awesome! That is JUST EXACTLY the kind of 'sharing back' I was hoping to find in a Yoga forum. THANKS!!!

goldengrain - 2005-03-27 12:15 PM
What we want is for each to be opened the same degree, which results in a more balanced you.
I agree COMPLETELY. A more balanced you. Amen.

What little-old-me has read about the chakras goes between the extremes: total mystical gobbledy-goop, and medical scientific associations. Since I compose a lot of music, I found that the synchronicities of music scale intervals and the interrelationships of chakras is fun for applying positive vibes, for good vibes mon!

On the "snake oil sales" mysticalizations, a book I have says that the greek philosopher Parmenides wrote a story about a person in a chariot with two horses, and a guardian lady at seven gates. The book said that Parmenides was making this all as analogy to the three energy currents Goldy mentions. The gates are avatars of each successive level, when you are ready, you can continue up. Something like that. Crystal healers are said to put the associated color on the body. Most often the colors are up the rainbow, well you'll see the attachment below.

On the scientific side, once I found out that each one is on (or very near) an endocrine gland, I said "whala! finally something CONCRETE." But I also found it strange that one of my favorite authors, Dr. Deepak Chopra, doesn't talk about the chakras hardly at all, and he is an endocrinologist! What I find fascinating about the endocrine gland associations is this: Each chakra is said to have aspects, and if you think of the specific type of endocrine gland associated, logical real-world aspects of these "power centers" make a lot more sense.

Perinneum, Gonads, Pancreas, Heart/Thymus, Thyroid, Pituitary and Pineal.

Back on the spiritual side of what chakras are, each chakra has a number of "petals," and each petal is a Sanskrit letter. A Yogi finds out what energies can help a person, and creates a personalized "Mantra" or seed-sound-combination that is spoken in order to heal that chakra's imbalance.

A common conception is to "raise kundalini energy" up the chakras one at a time. Early books I read on this had warnings, few books I've read recently have these warnings.

The icing of the chakra cake is this: The Caduces "magic wand" of Djehuty (Tehuti, Thoth) of Chemetan (Egyptian) lore, has the same 2 winding snakes as the kundalini yoga chakra system! The medical symbol is the same caduces. In my mind the whole may-pole looking thing may be how DNA looks, eh?

Barbara Ann Brennan was a NASA scientist and found that she could see the chakras. Her book "Healing Hands of Light" explains in clear english how each chakra looks when not balanced and when balanced (see attachment, "healthy chakras" from her book). I used to figure that kerillian photography would, figuratively, help "bring this to light." Pun intended? Who nose...

From my musical experience, what I can share is this: When you sing: "Do-Re-Mi..." there is a "leading tone" that makes you want to achieve the "..Fa" which is interestingly what some would call "achieving the heart level." The chakra sounds from antiquity are said to be: "Lam Vam Ram Yam Ham Om (mm or silence)" Luvorayehi is a fun way I gave each sound a different vowel, each "opening" more.

As I play various scales and exercises for my fingers, I believe that visualizing healthy chakras and healthy flow of energy to be useful and healing. Another more chakra oriented web page I created a while back is here: http://Givnology.com/chakras.htm and you might find it interesting and useful.

Just like whatever techniques I use to make music, the goal is that it sounds pretty and relaxing, I share all of this with the idea that we can all be more "tuned up" and harmonize with our fellow humans, environment and all. It is amazing that a 40 piece orchestra can all sound so harmonious eh? May we humans achieve more harmony individually and collectively. And so it is.

Love and light being, Teo

(aura01t.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments aura01t.jpg (46KB - 376 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)