YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drinking tea
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Diet and NutritionMessage format

kulkarnn
Posted 2005-04-22 11:04 PM (#22734 - in reply to #18217)
Subject: RE: Drinking tea

I am assuming that Cyndi+Guest is same in the above. I am worried about Cyndiben now. Honey does contain some of the material which is also in the Honey Bees's sting. That same material is what a)removes the symptoms of allergy b) reduces the swelling of arthritis, and c) causes burn on being stung d) and, also reduces the symptoms of sour throat on the catching thhe cold. That is what is called the Medicinal property, that is the removal of symptom. The symptom is removed in the process of removing the poision as a reaction to medicine by the human system. Now, I accept that I do not know the entire composition of the honey or the sting. But, what I am sure about is:

a) Honey does contain material other than the sugars which is harmful, and that is medicinal. When that material alone is taken, one can see its effects faster, or also by taking a large amount of honey.
b) Honey bees collect honey for themselves by working on flowers. Taking that honey, is in a way, stealing. But, if one is feeding honey bees, may be that is a better trade, even if they (bees) do not know it.

Shiva Story, I shall tell tomorrow or on Sunday, that shree Haunamanjayanti (BirthDay).

Neel Kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Cyndi
Posted 2005-04-24 10:13 AM (#22803 - in reply to #22734)

Expert Yogi

Namaste` and Good Morning Neelbhai,

By the way I didn't have a chance to tell you Happy New Year...so Happy New Year! Don't worry about Cyndiben, I think I'd rather be a guest...but today I'll be Cyndi.

Well, the girls are home now and doing just fine. They will be put in their hive tomorrow when the weather warms up...its 30 degrees here in the mountains and I saw snow flakes in Asheville yesterday...so pretty.

Okay, so if that is your analogy of the bees as far as *stinging* goes, I suppose I don't have a comment about that, since I have never seen them *sting* the honey. But, I'm sure that the enzymes that are in the bees are the same throughout including what is in their stinger....and it could be the same enzyme or poison if you will, that they digest the nectar and pollen with that evaporates the water, therefore making the honey. Are you confused yet?? It's okay, you don't need to know these things to *eat* the honey..you only need to know these things if you are going to make the honey and care for bees

My girls are Italian bees and they are soo sweet. Yesterday we were installing them in a crowd of 50 people standing all around. One little girl had her head inside the hive poking around, never got stung once. Bees are very interesting creatures and are so misunderstood like everything else in this world. I just wish people would not spray pesticides and harmful chemicals so they can flourish...we need the bees..they pollinate our trees and flowers and they are dying off at a very fast rate. That is why I am a beekeeper....and also because I like my honey - especiall with my Jasmine Green Tea...although this morning I had Indian Chai with Sourwood honey cause it's so cold. Take care
kulkarnn
Posted 2005-04-24 12:47 PM (#22814 - in reply to #18217)

Welcome Cyndiben. Happy New Year to you. Last Sunday, I celebrated Ramanavami (Rama's B'Day) and today I celebrate Hanumanajayanti (Hanuman's BDay) in our Yoga Room. I shall remember you.

Thanks for all the understanding. No, I am not confused. Honey Bees do whatever and they they regugitate the honey (it is like vomiting) and they do add XXXX whatever the name or contents, which is Antibiotic material to Honey (nectar) so that it stays preserved. This antibiotic material which preserves the honey is the medicine, is the poison, and is the antiallergen, etc. That is what is harmful to humans, but not to the bees.

But, I love your Italian girls, and I wish I shall see them one day.

Peace
neel kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
Thushara
Posted 2005-04-25 7:48 AM (#22853 - in reply to #22814)

How come 1 user logs in with many user names here? Wont they trap the IP ???? or do they log in using different IPS? Does this forum accept 1 user to use 2 ,3 login names ????? Im not talking about login as "Guest" either.

Quite a good idea though.. so 1 can always support himself or herself !! Way to go !!

Psss... No offence please Im just wondering...

Edited by Thushara 2005-04-25 7:52 AM
susanchain
Posted 2005-06-23 3:01 AM (#26095 - in reply to #18217)

The water temperature should between 85c to 90c for green tea. Red tea and black tea can higher. The first infusion is to wash the tea,and the second infusion is to drink.
The flowers are very good to drink too. Jasmin, rose, chrysanthemum, carnation,peach blossom,etc are good materials.
Orbilia
Posted 2005-06-23 6:02 AM (#26102 - in reply to #26095)

The discussion over the content of honey got me wondering as I was always taught that it was simply nectar that had been partially digested by the bees and that the specific content varied a little hive to hive dependent on whcih types of flowers had been visited. It seems the memory hasn't faded totally according to a good article on Wikipedia :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honey

One thing through, it is the high sugar content which preserves, not any ingredient from the bee toxin.

I always feel Spring has finally arrived when I see my first Bumble Bee of the year. I once had one stop on my hand to rest the 'shopping'. It was so soft and warm and I felt quite honoured in chose to rest on me.

Ah, comb honey *licks lips*. Love that on warm toast

Fee

Edited by Orbilia 2005-06-23 6:09 AM
kittikat
Posted 2005-06-28 11:10 AM (#26333 - in reply to #18246)

kulkarnn - 2005-03-04 3:55 PM

Almost all the teas which give high, whether small high or medium high or high high, are having a substance similar to caffien. And, all these are BAD, whether they come from India, China or any where else. Thus in general, Tea is always bad.

www.auuthenticyoga.org

This quote upset me! (Not really! But I don't understand how tea is always bad. You should see me if I don't get a cup in the morning - now that is a bad sight!

Kat
*Fifi*
Posted 2005-06-28 2:51 PM (#26353 - in reply to #18217)

The folks in China (non-smokers, of course!) and Japan live the longest and consume tons of tea. How bad can it be? There's way worse things than tea and honey out there. If consuming either is your biggest vice then good for you.

Not to mention, the centurians in Europe I've seen interviewed drink alcohol and drink strong coffee and SMOKE! They probably eat meat, too. Crazy!

Thus, one can only presume the Mind is the best defense against sickness.
Cyndi
Posted 2005-06-28 3:51 PM (#26362 - in reply to #26353)
Subject: About Honey and Tea

Expert Yogi

Orbilla wrote:

The discussion over the content of honey got me wondering as I was always taught that it was simply nectar that had been partially digested by the bees and that the specific content varied a little hive to hive dependent on whcih types of flowers had been visited. It seems the memory hasn't faded totally according to a good article on Wikipedia :

and Cyndi responds about Honey and what I've learned so far as a honey beekeeper.....you haven't lived until you have observed a honey bee hive:

Nectar contains primarily sugars and water. The water content of nectar is high and has to be reduced as part of the process of converting nectar into honey. The reduction in the water content is one of the steps necessary in making the final product - honey.

Bees returning to the hive with the sugar-water solution (nectar) transfer their load to house bees, who release small portions of the liquid onto the base of their proboscis, or tongue. By stretching out their proboscis, the liquid comes in contact with air movements in the colony. This helps enhance the evaporation of water from the nectar. Then, small amounts of the nectar are placed in the cells, where futher evaporation and ripening takes place. As warm air circulates in the hive, fanned by other hive bees, the evaporation rate of the nectar is increased. The elimination of water from nectar represents the physical changes taking place in its conversion to honey.

Nectar from flowers generally consists of 60 percent water and from 30-35 percent sucrose, or table sugar; nectar also contains other components, in minor amounts. The sucrose is altered by the action of an enzyme called invertase, which breaks sucrose into the two simple sugars (carbohydrates) glucose (dextrose) and fructose (levulose).

These two sugars are the principal components of honey, with more fructose than glucose. Other sugars that remain after invertase activity include small amounts of sucrose and other complex sugars, depending on the type of nectar.

In addition to invertase, another enzyme in honey is glucose oxidase, which converts glucose to produce gluconic acid and hydrogen peroxide. The factors that endow honey with antibacterial properties include the hydrogen peroxide and honey's high sugar content (about 80%) and high acidity. The enzymatic activity in nectar represents its chemical alteration into honey.

When honey is reduced to ash, trace amounts of minerals are found: these are calcium, chlorine, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorous, potassium, silica, sodium, and sulfur. Other components of honey are acids, proteins, amino acids, and vitamins - all in trace amounts.

So, I think I shall go have a cup of tea now...with some honey,

Edited by Cyndi 2005-06-28 4:13 PM

(Beehive's2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Beehive's2.jpg (96KB - 274 downloads)
Orbilia
Posted 2005-06-29 4:34 AM (#26406 - in reply to #26362)
Subject: RE: About Honey and Tea

Thanks for the additional information Cyndi. I love the paint job on your hive... very appropriate for all the girls in there

I knew bees were hard working in our eyes but the effort involved in reducing the water content is astounding.

Fee

Posted 2005-07-01 12:15 PM (#26532 - in reply to #18217)

not all forms of tea contain caffine naturally. most herbal teas do not contain caffine. there are many forms of tea that do contain caffine, though.

cyndi: i love beekeeping! unfortunately, i do not live where i can keep bees. I 'secretly' kept bees in my neighborhood as a teen (the neighborhood was afraid of the bees, so i kept the hive deep in the forest surrounding our neighborhood. lol i was a weird kid.

i can't wait until i can keep bees again! it's such a joy!
qlatina
Posted 2005-07-01 4:01 PM (#26548 - in reply to #18217)

2 things...

*cyndi have u read the secret life of bees? by sue monk kidd?

*also i am cuban. I was raised on drinking very strong (it is served by the oz.) black coffee almost daily (cuban coffee). Im only 5'3 so that explains alot....lol

Ive cut this cultural bervage out by a LOT but i cant quite get rid of it, so id like to replace it with tea but do to my conditioning i just dont have a taste for tea. any suggestion? maybe i need a REALLY strong one... i dunno but everyone sounds like tea experts!

Cyndi
Posted 2005-07-01 6:49 PM (#26555 - in reply to #26532)

Expert Yogi

zoebird - 2005-07-01 12:15 PM

cyndi: i love beekeeping! unfortunately, i do not live where i can keep bees. I 'secretly' kept bees in my neighborhood as a teen

i can't wait until i can keep bees again! it's such a joy!

Well, Zoebird,

You can keep bees anywhere! I know of someone that has a beehive in Manhattan on top of his condo building. You'd be soo surprised. Although, it's probably a good idea to feel the neighbors out, but actually bees are so good for the environment and your area. I love my bees. They are so close to my house, never bother me or sting me...although, those **** wasps are soooo bad and ugly. Italian bees are gentle and sweet. But..I still wear a veil and suit while working the hives as it is dangerous and they will sting if your trying to steal their honey...They really don't appreciate me and the fact that I'm the one providing their food and shelter.

I'm fortunate in the fact that I live in the Nantahala forest area and am surrounded by nature. My worry is about bears not people,
Cyndi
Posted 2005-07-01 6:58 PM (#26556 - in reply to #26548)

Expert Yogi

qlatina - 2005-07-01 4:01 PM

2 things...

*cyndi have u read the secret life of bees? by sue monk kidd?

Ive cut this cultural bervage out by a LOT but i cant quite get rid of it, so id like to replace it with tea but do to my conditioning i just dont have a taste for tea. any suggestion? maybe i need a REALLY strong one... i dunno but everyone sounds like tea experts!

Hi Qlatina,

I'm suppose to be heading your way in August to visit an Ashram there. No, I haven't read that book, is it good??

To answer your question about coffee and the switch to tea. I suggest that you try Yerba Mate. There is a company in California called Guayaki - they are also on the web, that I've been enjoying lately. You do not boil the water though, you steep it in almost boiling water. I love this beverage and I love the energy I get from it. This is Paraguay, Argentina's national drink and the tea bags come from here. When you purchase from them, part of their profits go to the Guayaki Rainforest Preserve - which is somewhere I would like to visit one day:~) Anyway, this has been a recommendation for coffee drinkers making the switch for years, due to the energy you get from the tea, it's similar to the caffeine boost that you get from coffee...except this is healthier. You can go their website and read about it, http://www.guayaki.com

By the way, is it hot in Miami right now?? Atlanta was awful the other day, I was hoping that in August there would be a nice breeze from the ocean.
qlatina
Posted 2005-07-02 12:31 AM (#26564 - in reply to #18217)

Well Miss Cyndi if your coming to Miami I hope the weather gets better, its been raining at least once a day for 3 wks ( i kid you not)and itsalmost always in the 90's. Its like breathing in water when u go out side. ( but for me, the rain gets me in the mood to practice) I do hope it clears up for your august visit. i would not count on it being very cool or dry so good luck with the hair!!!

The book is a coming of age story about a girl helped by a trio of bee keeping sisters in one of the carolinas. Its a beauiful book and reading what you wrote about the bees and honey reminded me of the eldest sister. If you have a moment you should pick it up.

Thank you for the tea idea, i'll go check it out, but How would you describe the taste? I'm a bit picky sadly...

Cyndi
Posted 2005-07-02 9:17 AM (#26567 - in reply to #26564)

Expert Yogi

hmm the taste?? It has a taste on its own.....but, it ain't the coffee taste I assure you,

I hear ya about the weather...here in the NC mountains every afternoon rain. I was at the drive-in theater the other night...IN THE RAIN. Huge lightening bolts coming down while Batman was trying to save Gotham City, I kept wondering if it was part of the movie.

Posted 2005-07-02 9:48 AM (#26571 - in reply to #26567)

Girl- I haven't been to the drive-in since high school! Those were the days! What a great movie to see while it was lightening was givening a performance. The tea sounds great also!
Cyndi
Posted 2005-07-02 10:41 AM (#26574 - in reply to #26571)

Expert Yogi

namaste2 - 2005-07-02 9:48 AM

Girl- I haven't been to the drive-in since high school! Those were the days! What a great movie to see while it was lightening was givening a performance. The tea sounds great also!

Yes, the good ole' days. This drive-in is an old historic theatre. It will be packed tonight when we go see War of the Worlds & Batman again. I like it because they play 2 movies and it only cost $5 to get in for both. I like the sound coming through my car stereo..better than the indoor theatre. People bring their dogs and kids. Its a nice family fun atmosphere in the country. I've actually seen teenagers pull in as a couple. After parking, they open the trunk to have 3 or 4 more pile out...its too funny. Take care,

Posted 2005-07-05 12:36 AM (#26684 - in reply to #18217)
Subject: keeping bees

i love bees. my neighbors don't like me, though.

here are the things that they've complained about in the last year:

1. they don't like the color of my interior wall paint and therefore they don't want me to keep my curtains open because it's not a neutral color and it doesn't lend it'self to the 'cohesion of the neighborhood.' (i told them they could F themselves).

2. they don't like my choices for curtains, or that i walk around nude in my own home when children can peer through my curtains and see me in the nude. (I told them to stop being filthy peeping toms and teach their children not to do it either).

3. they don't like that i have this odd tendency to meditate watching the sunset with my husband. they don't like me telling the neighborhood children, when they ask what we're doing, that we are meditating. (i told them that it is my right to watch sunsets and meditate, and the association can't dictate my religious practices.)

4. they don't like that i planted an organic container garden that has a butterfly focus. I then had nice signs printed up that said, in english and spanish, "please do not spray chemical fertilizers or pesticides or herbicides in my garden area. thank you!" i bought a sign that matches many people's tchotchy's in their yards (like the ones that say "the robinson's live here" and "lordy lordy mike turned forty"). They wanted me to take away the plants because they "brought insects into the neighborhood and encouraged their reproduction" and because this "ruins neighborhood conhesion" when you have an organic garden in our neighborhood. (i told them to bite me).

5. my garden area is a cottage style container garden. In an area that is 8 ft by 10 ft, i have a bistro table and two chairs, two adorandak chairs, 1 large tub with a water garden, two large planters with butterfly gardens, four smaller planters with various happy colored flowers, three large tubs of herbs (cooking and otherwise), a large basket (wicker) full of carpet mini yellow roses and violas, some various containers (plastic bins, small metal trash cans, old boots, soup cans, watering cans, etc) with various flowers in them, and of course ground plantings in and around the neighborhood landscaping, a small bit of an old iron fence with climbing roses (only 3 ft high), three metal trash cans with lids (for cold compost, recycling, and trash), and a resin elephant that holds abright red-coral umbrella for sunny days (her name is lolo). They say that a cottage garden underminds our neighborhood cohesion and that the water garden, particularly (which is above ground, can't be seen from anywhere but my little area, and is full of plants), as well as other elements of the garden (iron fence, old boot, and soup cans were mentioned) are dangerous to children. {I told them to kiss my asp.}

6. in my garden, i hung tibetan prayer flags that were made during a particular yoga class that i gave. the neighborhood requested that i remove them because religious iconography was specifically against the home owners association rules, unless that iconography is christian. I told them that i'd see them in court.

7. i tend to practice yoga outside. they've asked me not to practice yoga outside for the reasons related to 6. i reminded them about courtrooms.

8. i mentioned the benefit of having a small group of bees in one of those old fashioned bee-baskets. Someone gave one to me as a gift. It didn't go over well. Something about 'kids dying from bee stings' and whatever else. I figured that i had enough flowers to keep the little guys busy all summer, but apparently, no. so, i figured, not really worth the battle.

if i had put it in before, i probably would have told them to jump off a cliff. but, since i did ask first and they said no, i guess i should go with it.

i live in a seriously weird neighborhood. don't even get me started. oh wait. . .
Orbilia
Posted 2005-07-05 7:03 AM (#26692 - in reply to #26684)
Subject: RE: keeping bees

Ok, warning, rant about to commence *S*

zoebird - 2005-07-05 5:36 AM

i love bees. my neighbors don't like me, though.

here are the things that they've complained about in the last year:

1. they don't like the color of my interior wall paint and therefore they don't want me to keep my curtains open because it's not a neutral color and it doesn't lend it'self to the 'cohesion of the neighborhood.' (i told them they could F themselves).

In the UK, anyone poking their noses in through your windows would be opening themselves up to a peeping tom charge! Ever thought of taking up naturism *wg*?

2. they don't like my choices for curtains, or that i walk around nude in my own home when children can peer through my curtains and see me in the nude. (I told them to stop being filthy peeping toms and teach their children not to do it either).

Having read on, I see you have *s*

3. they don't like that i have this odd tendency to meditate watching the sunset with my husband. they don't like me telling the neighborhood children, when they ask what we're doing, that we are meditating. (i told them that it is my right to watch sunsets and meditate, and the association can't dictate my religious practices.)

WTF? Meditating is not even, necessarily a religous thing. If you want to relaxe that way, that's your business. Do you tell them their after-work drink gets up your nose? No, I thought not.

4. they don't like that i planted an organic container garden that has a butterfly focus. I then had nice signs printed up that said, in english and spanish, "please do not spray chemical fertilizers or pesticides or herbicides in my garden area. thank you!" i bought a sign that matches many people's tchotchy's in their yards (like the ones that say "the robinson's live here" and "lordy lordy mike turned forty"). They wanted me to take away the plants because they "brought insects into the neighborhood and encouraged their reproduction" and because this "ruins neighborhood conhesion" when you have an organic garden in our neighborhood. (i told them to bite me).

Blimey, they actually prefer to inhale pesticide?!

Given that I have a series of allotments at the bottom of my garden and that organic farming practices are generally welcomed in the UK, you'd be more likely to get lynched for having a sprayer in your hand than not round my way.

5. my garden area is a cottage style container garden. In an area that is 8 ft by 10 ft, i have a bistro table and two chairs, two adorandak chairs, 1 large tub with a water garden, two large planters with butterfly gardens, four smaller planters with various happy colored flowers, three large tubs of herbs (cooking and otherwise), a large basket (wicker) full of carpet mini yellow roses and violas, some various containers (plastic bins, small metal trash cans, old boots, soup cans, watering cans, etc) with various flowers in them, and of course ground plantings in and around the neighborhood landscaping, a small bit of an old iron fence with climbing roses (only 3 ft high), three metal trash cans with lids (for cold compost, recycling, and trash), and a resin elephant that holds abright red-coral umbrella for sunny days (her name is lolo). They say that a cottage garden underminds our neighborhood cohesion and that the water garden, particularly (which is above ground, can't be seen from anywhere but my little area, and is full of plants), as well as other elements of the garden (iron fence, old boot, and soup cans were mentioned) are dangerous to children. {I told them to kiss my asp.}

What are they doing allowing their kids into your garden if you are as much a social menace as they say?

6. in my garden, i hung tibetan prayer flags that were made during a particular yoga class that i gave. the neighborhood requested that i remove them because religious iconography was specifically against the home owners association rules, unless that iconography is christian. I told them that i'd see them in court.

Ah, it becomes clearer. This is why I have such a problem with organised faith of any hue. The documented principles of any religion tend to outline a very healthy way of life (e.g. the 10 commandments) but those most loudly espousing their adherence to them also tend to be those who most abuse them and use them for their own ends in my experience.

7. i tend to practice yoga outside. they've asked me not to practice yoga outside for the reasons related to 6. i reminded them about courtrooms.

I wonder how they'd feel if you told them shooting baskets / practising football throws on a Sunday was against Christian teaching as it is a day of rest and they should be indoors reading scripture?

8. i mentioned the benefit of having a small group of bees in one of those old fashioned bee-baskets. Someone gave one to me as a gift. It didn't go over well. Something about 'kids dying from bee stings' and whatever else. I figured that i had enough flowers to keep the little guys busy all summer, but apparently, no. so, i figured, not really worth the battle.

if i had put it in before, i probably would have told them to jump off a cliff. but, since i did ask first and they said no, i guess i should go with it.

i live in a seriously weird neighborhood. don't even get me started. oh wait. . .

Heavens to betsy, it's this sort of behaviour that earns a community a bad name. For what it's worth, your garden sounds lovely and would probably earn you a Britain in Bloom competition were it located in the UK. Ever considered emigrating?

*S*

Fee
Cyndi
Posted 2005-07-05 9:54 AM (#26714 - in reply to #26692)
Subject: RE: keeping bees

Expert Yogi

Wait till' your neighbors get a load of my place,

3 years ago I painted my house bright yellow and the roof red. Then I hung Tibetan Prayer flags all around it. (My neighbor commented about how it looked like his ole' barbeque joint - he can't see what the flags actually look like). My Stepfather begged and pleaded with me to take them down, he was afraid that the local white supremist group would burn the house down while was travelling...heehee funny!!

Needless to say I just re-painted my house white with a green roof top. I still have my gigantic Tibetan Flag (the one with the snow lions) hanging on the inner wall of my extended front porch, with the prayer flags extended from the house connecting to the trees. I have a water garden area with a pond, where the bees are, Om's and all, My husband wants to construct a Shivalingam in the pond so he can do puja. I want to construct a Navagraha (9 planet) to do the same. Fortunately, I live in the mountains where anything goes. These people drink so much moonshine that they barely notice things. In fact, everywhere in this area you see strange and unusual things...so it doesn't matter, we blend right in. Did I also mention that I'm right smack in the middle of a bible belt??? These are the moonshine drinking ones though. Did I tell you about Ernest T. Bass?? He lives down the road from me. Rides his 4-wheeler everywhere with his six-pack hanging on the front end and his dog either in his lap, or running along side of him. Say's he's rolled that 4-wheeler over a dozen times cause' he was so drunk...but he don't care - that's the best part, he keeps bees too. This guy told me once he scalped my other crazy neighbor's head and sent him to the hospital...the judge threw the case out of court because they both are just plain crazy and were drinking together!!! and they are still drinking buddy's!! That is why I have a Rottweiler and my Stepfather made me promise to keep his gun if I stay up here. I live in the middle of them and I told them not to get my house confused with each other....of course, we are all 3 miles apart. So, you think you got neighbor problems,

Posted 2005-07-06 9:04 PM (#26837 - in reply to #18217)

fee:

well, i don't think they'd take us. best we could do is get a few-month working visa. then, we'd be 'dirty illegals' (it's what the landscaping workers are called by our neighborhood).

would you mind housing a couple of 'dirty illegals?' remember, we garden, do yoga, and we like to be nude.

cyndi:

LOL!

that is a wonder of living in an area that's not a 'neighborhood' or planned community. I could live and die by a shaktiyoni and a shivalingam. i have huge paintings in one area of my house depicting them. Luckily, no body knows that's what those are.

some day. . .i'll live somewhere else. hopefully, it'll be cool.

Posted 2005-07-06 9:30 PM (#26840 - in reply to #26837)

Hey girls-

Just about fell over reading your neighbor stories. Cyndi-The Hatfield and McCoys are alive and well in your neck of the woods! As for the planned communities, my husband and I moving into our new hut next Wednesday overlooking the golf course-la tee da! I want to feed the deer at night right on the cart road and I know I will be in big DOO-DOO if ya know what I mean. The deer are so beautiful and there is still a lot of green belt around to keep the deer and other animals around.

Ya'll can come for a visit and run around naked around the 17th tee box! Those ole boys would flip out and cuss for a whole nother reason! Wouldn't that be the best! We could tell stories until we couldn't see straight. I would have to go to a drive-in with Cyndi and hide in the trunk to get in free. Those were the days.

Zoebird, are you in the UK also? You illegals would have a blast over here, right?
Cyndi
Posted 2005-07-06 9:58 PM (#26842 - in reply to #26840)

Expert Yogi

Namaste, I have an idea for you and the deer that way you won't be in too much DOO-DOO. Some people in my area put these Mineral Salt Licks out for the deer.. Yes, I know MOST of them use these things for luring the deer, but deer actually like it - that way it won't be too noticeable. Of course, Purina makes Deer Chow as well. You could always say, "ah, its just the ice melting from my cooler from a trip I went on", then hand them a glass of moonshine, Seriously, always keep the pansies blooming in the winter, deer love to eat them.

Okay, I'll bring my crew for a visit..especially if you need help "breaking" the neighborhood in,

Cyndi - who thinks uh oh, there goes Namaste's new neighborhood
Orbilia
Posted 2005-07-07 5:38 AM (#26862 - in reply to #26837)

Given that the area I live in has folk from so many different ethnic backrounds that the bus-stop looks like a quilt sewn by a colour blind mad-woman in the mornings, I think you'd be in good company

Fee

zoebird - 2005-07-07 2:04 AM

fee:

well, i don't think they'd take us. best we could do is get a few-month working visa. then, we'd be 'dirty illegals' (it's what the landscaping workers are called by our neighborhood).

would you mind housing a couple of 'dirty illegals?' remember, we garden, do yoga, and we like to be nude.

cyndi:

LOL!

that is a wonder of living in an area that's not a 'neighborhood' or planned community. I could live and die by a shaktiyoni and a shivalingam. i have huge paintings in one area of my house depicting them. Luckily, no body knows that's what those are.

some day. . .i'll live somewhere else. hopefully, it'll be cool.
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)