YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Reiki
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> General WellnessMessage format

Gruvemom
Posted 2005-02-16 12:50 PM (#17036)
Subject: Reiki

Hi! I usually post above on the yoga threads. I've recently become interested in Reiki (you never know what you'll find in those bargain book bins!) and have started practicing it on myself (with the info from the book - no additional research).

Does anyone know of any good Reiki sites I should check out? How about books or particular practitioners to study w/? I live near Miami.

Thanks in advance for your advice!
Melissa
Top of the page Bottom of the page
samantha77
Posted 2005-02-18 4:39 PM (#17171 - in reply to #17036)
Subject: RE: Reiki

Extreme Veteran

You'll find that I recommend this website alot, but I usually find the answers I'm looking for. Try www.about.com. There is a search bar where you can enter Reiki. In addition to articles on this site, they usually have links to other resources.
Good Luck!
Samantha
Gruvemom
Posted 2005-02-18 8:29 PM (#17187 - in reply to #17171)

Thanks, Samantha! I found a great site called The Reiki Page, also talked to some friends who are giving me info and recommendations on whom to study with locally.

Can't wait!
Melissa
Thushara
Posted 2005-02-24 8:17 AM (#17538 - in reply to #17187)

Melissa,

Once you start it, can you share your experience with us., Im really interested to know how it goes.

Thanks
Gruvemom
Posted 2005-02-24 11:33 AM (#17561 - in reply to #17538)

Thushara - I'd be happy to share my experiences - when I have them! Seems that my bank account and local Reiki schedules aren't quite in sync at the moment. Though the cost is generally affordable, I have to pay some things off before I can "cough up the kwan". so to speak.

There are 2 local programs that I've found. One sponsors 2 free Reiki circles per week (so I need to check that one out) and the other is a program that (don't quote me) is approved for use in hospitals. It's at Imperial Point Medical center in FL.

Meanwhile, I'm reading the book "spirit of Reiki" by Lubeck, Petter and Rand. It's an interesting read - gives a lot of food for thought. I'm glad I'm reading it before taking any training !

Edited by Gruvemom 2005-02-24 11:36 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)