YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yoga and Ovarian Cancer
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Women's HealthMessage format

Cole
Posted 2005-02-01 12:18 AM (#15852)
Subject: Yoga and Ovarian Cancer

Is yoga an appropriate supplement to chemotherapy in treating cancer? My mom has been on chemo for over four years now and I was thinking yoga might help her body--physically and psychologically.

Are there any particular sequences I could try with her? (she's never done yoga before)

Also, I'm looking for holistic treatment centers where professionals might offer alternative therapies, such as yoga, in treating cancer. Any suggestions?

Your feedback would be much appreciated!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
dhirajjangra
Posted 2005-02-01 4:59 AM (#15854 - in reply to #15852)
Subject: RE: Yoga and Ovarian Cancer

For any type of cancer COW URINE THERAPY could be very very useful. Releif depends on the stage of the disease. You can get this only in India. Chemo or Radio both have severe side effects.I can give more info on this if you want.
May all be Happy!
kulkarnn
Posted 2005-02-01 5:39 PM (#15878 - in reply to #15852)

Cole:
I apologize in advance for a little severe language.

Yoga has nothing to do with Cancer and can not be supplement for Chemo or Radiation. Chemo and Radiation are the worst for Cancer. If one really has cancer, Yoga must be used for Meditation so that happiness is maintained in the remaining life. If it is not real cancer, it will heal due to Yoga Practice which includes all healthy practices. Chemo and Radiation never heal either a cancer patient or a non cancer patient.

Cow Urine is bad for a healthy person as well as an unhealthy person. However, cow urine can suppress the symptoms of certain ailments just like other medicines do. But, if cow urine is used in as a part of Religious or Meditational purposes, as done in India for ages, the Religious and Meditation part will help the Mind and also eventually body.

Neel Kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
kulkarnn
Posted 2005-02-01 5:41 PM (#15879 - in reply to #15852)

Cole: I am sorry : I forgot to add the Positive suggestion. The best thing one can do for Ovarian Cancer is a) Supervised Fasting b) Meditation.

Neel Kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
tourist
Posted 2005-02-01 10:05 PM (#15887 - in reply to #15852)

Expert Yogi

Cole - for a more western perspective, I'll say yes, yoga will help your mom feel better so she is better able to cope with the therapies she is undergoing. You need to find a really, really good and knowledgable teacher. NO VIDEOS! (Hey, we can all use strong language ) A holistic treatment centre may be a good place to find an appropriate teacher or group. Whatever she does it will need to be gentle and nurturing with an emphasis on learning to relax. I have had cancer patients in my classes and have been told that the relaxation portion of the class was essential in helping them slow down and breathe better. Good luck!
Cole
Posted 2005-02-04 11:32 PM (#16114 - in reply to #15852)

All, thank you so much for the suggestions. Really. And, no worries, because no one has said anything that I don't already know. Just looking for helpful alternatives. As I've been doing some reading, I think breathwork might be the best approach to help her calm and relax.

Thanks again to all!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)