YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anusara and Siddha Yoga
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Anusara YogaMessage format

fujirox
Posted 2005-05-23 9:04 PM (#24585 - in reply to #24362)
Subject: RE: Anusara and Siddha Yoga

hey elson -

i just realized the quote re: if not being a good example being a really bad example -- i see it as a sig line on a lot of replies besides yours. i thought you were saying that to me, hence my reply about you being funny. sorry for that confusion

fujirox
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Gruvemom
Posted 2005-05-24 3:53 PM (#24602 - in reply to #24584)

Fuji, I PM'd you, but for any interested lurkers, there's Dr. Steve Feinzig who teaches at Yoga Connecction in Plantation on Sat., there's Christine Nones, who teaches on Thurs at YogaRosa in Hallandale.there are a few SBroward people doing Betsey Downing's 200hr Tt right now, so there will be a few more choices in Broward Soon! yay!
YogaDancer
Posted 2005-05-24 4:11 PM (#24610 - in reply to #24602)

I had to laugh at people (whining) worrying about driving 45 minutes or so to a class. I live in the DC area and there isn't a thing that isn't that far away, practically, even if it's just across town. I moved out to the country and now it's 2 hours in morning traffic, 1.5-2 in the afternoon, and if I hit real rush hour? Forget it. Starbucks. Plan ahead, eliminate stress, do yoga.

If you drop Betsey Downing a note, she'll let you know who is in her training and where they are. She's very communicative and friendly. Of course, if you're up for a real road trip, go see her in Sarasota. She was in Denver this week and as beautiful as ever!

Ah well. Off to class -- that starts at 6:15.
Christine
fujirox
Posted 2005-05-24 5:20 PM (#24619 - in reply to #12648)

thanks guys/gals!!! gruvemom - what is pm'd? personal messaged - as in my hotmail account? if so, it hasn't hit there. please advise as i don't want to miss any of your communication. good to know broward is anusara happening. i was clueless as those names are not on the anusara website. perhaps they're not affiliated teachers yet? if that's the case, for me to accure hrs i must study with an affiliate or certified anusara teacher.

i would like to move to palm beach or more north, say martin co or the space coast and am sending cosmic vibes to any and all anusara teachers in hopes that one or more will suddenly have a desire to relocate to one or more of those counties. how selfish am i?!?

wow, crazy re: dc traffic and commuting. i'll remember that one my way to o town on saturdays.

thanks heaps yogi pals
Kabu
Posted 2005-05-24 7:58 PM (#24621 - in reply to #24610)

YogaDancer - 2005-05-24 4:11 PM

I moved out to the country and now it's 2 hours in morning traffic, 1.5-2 in the afternoon, and if I hit real rush hour? Forget it.

Well now...you're just nuts.

Bay Guy
Posted 2005-05-24 9:27 PM (#24628 - in reply to #24621)

Expert Yogi

That's bad, I agree, but that's what urban living is becoming. Sure would be
nice to see some money invested in public transportation, instead of the
$100 billion/year we are spending on George Bush's wars.

Gruvemom
Posted 2005-05-25 7:20 AM (#24633 - in reply to #24621)

Kabu, when we bought our house 13 yrs ago, dh's 24 mile commute was 35 mins. Now it's min 1.5 hour
Gruvemom
Posted 2005-05-25 7:21 AM (#24634 - in reply to #24633)

Christine, I'm really looking forward to meeting Betsey in October. My uncle lives in Sarasota, so it's a strong possibility that I'll get over there before then!
fujirox
Posted 2005-06-28 2:14 PM (#26350 - in reply to #24581)

hey gruvemom -

fujirox in gainesville. how are you???

well, the commute to o town is proving quite the drain. i'm thinking to do betsey's TT next year (one weekend per month vs commuting to class each week) and was wondering if you could please connect me with your classmates you mentioned in an earlier email who are doing the TT with her now. i'd love to pick their brains a bit. have you studied with betsey at all? i have not as of yet. i must get to a class or workshop with her soon and check out the vibe. doug keller was in jax beach a few weeks ago - missed that, dang! he'll be in ft walton beach next month -- that may work out.

thanks, gruvemom!

best -

fujirox
Gruvemom
Posted 2005-06-29 1:22 AM (#26403 - in reply to #26350)

I PM'd you!
fujirox
Posted 2005-12-08 11:35 AM (#38501 - in reply to #26403)

hey gruvemom -

fujirox in gainesville - how are you?

i wanted to check in with you once again re: anusara in dade/bro co. as i mentioned a few mos ago, my plan A was to move to st pete and study in sarasota a few times a week, take immersions and do the TT in 2007. however, i recently was connected to an anusara yogi in gainesville (i thought i was the only one interested!) and he travels to miami to study with jordan, newly certified anusara teacher.

i left ft laud one year ago and am used to not driving in traffic and being around the intensity of that more urban area. the idea of driving to miami a couple of times a week for class is HORRIFYING to say the least. that being said, i'd move almost anywhere to be with my future yoga teachers.

i am going to check out sarasota this month and must head down south to check out the near handful of teachers in the s.e. kula. any thoughts re: teachers, driving, MIAMI, etc, etc, would be super great!

hope this finds you very well - happy holidays!

thanks gruvemom

fujirox
Gruvemom
Posted 2005-12-08 12:12 PM (#38507 - in reply to #38501)

Fuji, just so you know, there are some great Anusara opportunities in Broward. I'm doing an immersion w/ Jordan in Jan. at YogaOne in Hollywood, Christy Nones teaches all over Broward County, there's a relatively new teacher, Tobey, who teaches in Hallandale, Batya (she teaches w/ Jordan in Miami) is filling in for my teacher while he's away this month.

www.yoga1.net

I'm so glad I don't have to schlep to Miami, too!  Jordan's immersion is the last 2 weekends in Jan and the first weekend in Feb @ Yoga One.  There should be info on the website soon. 

I met Jordan at the convention and he's great.
raku
Posted 2005-12-11 2:08 AM (#38641 - in reply to #12648)

re : Anusara in Florida

I will be in Florida for holidays visiting family in Largo. If anyone is near there and would like to practice-please let me know!
I would welcome an Anusara practice friend. Also, Rita Knorr just moved to St Petersburg area from Chicago for anyone looking for a good Anusara teacher. She is affiliated or certified/not sure which.
Very good teacher.

namaste,
kate
fujirox
Posted 2005-12-11 6:52 AM (#38643 - in reply to #38641)

hey kate -

garden of the heart - betsey downing's studio - is offeirng one class on mon, 12/19 @ 10a with jaye and on wed, 12/21 @ 10a with jaye also. mon is level 3 and wed level 2, i believe. this is off their series schedule which end the prior week but i have confirmed they are offering these two classes before the next series in jan. i'm going to check out the area for possible relocation.

good luck!

best -

fujirox
fujirox
Posted 2005-12-11 6:54 AM (#38644 - in reply to #38507)

gruvemom -

thanks for the mail and the heads up re: a hollywood studio on the map - FINALLY, right? i am going to PM you, if i remember how to do that. and i'll remind myself to check my PM acct on this site

best -

fujirox
Gruvemom
Posted 2005-12-12 7:21 AM (#38691 - in reply to #38644)

Oh, Fuji, I practiced w/ Jaye this weekend at JF.... he's a character - FAB!  He grabbed one of my two friends for all the partner stuff and he was just a hoot!  
raku
Posted 2005-12-19 11:04 PM (#39256 - in reply to #12648)

hi fujirox & Gruvemom
thanks for the schedule at Garden of the Heart. I will be in after these dates...but will check it out.
Have studied w/Betsey twice & met Jaye at a training last year-he's awesome! so inspiring! We did backbend partnering.. he's a crazy yogi-man! so much fun.
I need to visit Sarasota & would love to see Betseys' studio. Do you study there fujirox?

Gruvemom-have enjoyed hearing your reflections on the workshop weekend. My friends who attended the training are still glowing.
my best-
kate
Mary Lynn
Posted 2008-06-17 7:12 PM (#108481 - in reply to #12648)

Gruvemom and Fujirox.........I just happened on this site by chance and read you are in Gainesville and interested in Anusara......I attended Betsey's Anusara Teacher Training in Sarasota 2 years ago and it was wonderful....well worth the ride back and forth once a month. I am going to the Aug immersions and takeing some students if you are interested in going down. Love to meet you..........Mary Lynn
Julia
Posted 2009-04-04 10:17 PM (#115207 - in reply to #12648)
Subject: Re: Anusara and Siddha Yoga

Going back to the top here - the question of does Anusara Yoga = Siddha Yoga (answer, no). Christine YogaDancer really said it all, and quite eloquently - but I thought I'd add my perspective as an Anusara teacher. Just confirming from the "inside" that not only was Siddha Yoga not pushed on us teachers, I'm not sure I ever heard John or any other certified teacher even mention Siddha Yoga or Gurumayi except in passing. Perhaps when sharing their background, ideas, a story but never as a tradition that we must know about or even look into.

There are Anusara teachers who are Siddha yogis. And I know a certified teacher who is a devout Buddhist. I know others who adhere to their Jewish or Christian faiths... you get the idea... Anusara says Yes to it all.

If an Anusara teacher chooses to teach about Siddha Yoga, then that is his/her choice, not a requirement or part of the system / method.

Hope that helps!
jaikrsna
Posted 2009-04-07 3:14 PM (#115242 - in reply to #12648)
Subject: Re: Anusara and Siddha Yoga

siddha yoga does inform and permeate anusara yoga. i do NOT mean that everyone who teaches anusara practices siddha yoga but, the connection is always there however heavy and obvious or however light and discrete.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)