YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Massage Center in Japan
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Massage -> General MassageMessage format

Lepsi
Posted 2004-11-19 10:24 AM (#12542)
Subject: Massage Center in Japan

I am looking for a school in Japan / Tokyo as I am going to Japan next year for a while. Unfortunately I have not found any schools so far that offer these kind of courses. I would just generally like to visit a massage course, I'm not quite sure which direction realy interests me so I'm just looking for informations right now.
If anyone knows a school I would be very gratefull if you could let me know.

Thanks a lot
Top of the page Bottom of the page
easternsun
Posted 2004-11-19 6:29 PM (#12578 - in reply to #12542)
Subject: RE: Massage Center in Japan

hi lepsi

i live in japan. what kind of massage course?? and in what language??

let me know and i will look into it for you.
Lepsi
Posted 2004-11-23 9:35 AM (#12747 - in reply to #12578)

Hi Eastersun

Thanks a lot for replying to my requst
Preferabely I would like to visit a Traditional Thai Massage School but also Shiatsu Massage interests me.

So you maybe know a platform in the Internet where schools are listed? I tried several pages and found some schools but unfortunately nobody replyied.

Languagewise English would be the best for me. I am currently taking Japanese lessons but I don't think that I will know enough Japanese until next year.

Thanks so much for looking into this for me

Regards
easternsun
Posted 2004-11-25 6:28 PM (#12892 - in reply to #12542)

hi lepsi,

here is what i can tell you:

if you are interested in thai massage then you should go to thailand! there are lots of residential programs for english speakers in bankok, chang mai, and even on the islands. i did a thai massage course on the beach about five years ago. it was very nice but if you are serious, i would stick to the big schools and big cities. if you want certification, check the schools credentials and whether they are govt approved.

thailand is much, much cheaper than japan.

if you want to study shiatsu, you will need a minimum of 3-4 years in a japanese residential program. you will need a lot of money to do this. not only will you need school fees, but also a chunk of money in the bank to show the govt that you can take care of yourself while you are here. the courses are generally conducted in japanese....but you may find a week long intro to shiatsu course in tokyo....i will try to get you some addresses today or tomorrow.

if you want to practice eastern massage, then coming to thailand or japan to learn is a great idea. japanese shiatsu masters take their art very seriously. they will expect you will too.

it really depends whether you are truly interested in living here for awhile or just want to try it out, as to what kind of school/teacher you will need.

thai and shiatsu are quite different so maybe you could do some more research to see which one you really want to study. go get a shiatsu massage, go to a thai massage place , talk to the staff about their training and education. this is a good start.
kittenbytes
Posted 2005-02-24 5:22 PM (#17600 - in reply to #12542)

Hi Easternsun,

I'm also v interested in studying shiatsu... Cost-wise, Thailand seems much more achievable but I would LOVE to visit Japan. You mentioned introductory week long Shiatsu in Japan- did you come up with any details or contacts? Any info on Thai massage schools would also be greatly appreciated!

As for my own research, i hear the WatPo Thai Traditional Medical and Massage School is well recognised. Here's the link if anyone's interested:
http://www.watpho.com/mas_study_e.html
beliver
Posted 2005-02-25 1:26 AM (#17644 - in reply to #17600)

shiatsu is quite interesting. I have been trained for some time
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)