YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I bit of a strange question I suppose....
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> General WellnessMessage format

jamesmorris
Posted 2004-10-31 1:16 AM (#11420)
Subject: I bit of a strange question I suppose....

well, I've had a lot of problems with my feet cramping up because of long work days on my feet, and also I have back problems. problem is, anytime somebody tries to give me any kind of massage they can't because I'm too ticklish! just an hour ago my feet were hurting and my mom tried giving me a foot massage and I couldn't have it done because it tickled too much.

so my question being, is there anyway to desenscitize myself or some way of making myself less ticklish? I'm just rediculously ticklish, I want to get rid of that already.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2004-10-31 10:54 AM (#11428 - in reply to #11420)
Subject: RE: I bit of a strange question I suppose....

Expert Yogi

James - do you practice yoga? It would be a good thing for you and your feet and back. What a lucky dog you are for having a mom who will offer to massage your feet! Personally, I do my own, not because of ticklishness but because I have sore spots that are hard for a non-pro massage person to avoid. My advice, besides starting yoga, is to spend at least 5 minutes per day with your legs up the wall or up on a chair. Do that for 5 min, close your eyes and breath quietly then get your foot massage. That will help. Another nice thing is all those fun little wooden foot roll massagers or rolling a tennis ball around with your foot.
kulkarnn
Posted 2004-11-01 11:17 AM (#11459 - in reply to #11420)

NO desesitization should be done. That will make your health worst. Please do not do this.

If your legs are hurting, try this in the order given below: (To know what happens, at least for 6 months regularly)

a) Sleep 2 hours each day extra over what you already do, preferably in the affternoon.

b) Do inversions with supports, of course learnt from an Experienced Teacher. If you are in Virginia, come to me.

c) Eat regularly small meals of extremely nutritious, meaning expensive unfortnuately, diet.

d) Do NOT do any such things as Hot Water baths, Foot Baths, Massage, Vibration Massage, etc.

Best Luck.
Neel Kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
jamesmorris
Posted 2004-11-01 10:17 PM (#11485 - in reply to #11459)

wait, but how could massage or hot baths be BAD for me? I go to a massage therapist and feel great afterwards...... heh, though I guess nobody knows any way of getting rid of ticklishness..... though thanks for the other advice, I'll try that legs up for 5 minutes a day thing

kulkarnn - 2004-11-01 11:17 AM

NO desesitization should be done. That will make your health worst. Please do not do this.

If your legs are hurting, try this in the order given below: (To know what happens, at least for 6 months regularly)

a) Sleep 2 hours each day extra over what you already do, preferably in the affternoon.

b) Do inversions with supports, of course learnt from an Experienced Teacher. If you are in Virginia, come to me.

c) Eat regularly small meals of extremely nutritious, meaning expensive unfortnuately, diet.

d) Do NOT do any such things as Hot Water baths, Foot Baths, Massage, Vibration Massage, etc.

Best Luck.
Neel Kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org

Edited by jamesmorris 2004-11-01 10:18 PM
kulkarnn
Posted 2004-11-02 9:03 AM (#11500 - in reply to #11420)

5 min a day? Considering your situation, you shall need at least 30 min a day. Of course, you should build it from a small time to 30 min aday. Also, you should be empty stomach when you do it.

Also, do not do leg up when and if you are ina Monthly Period.

About massage and hot bath, some other time. Sorry, I have to go to vote, For Kerry of course.

Neel Kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
jamesmorris
Posted 2004-11-02 3:15 PM (#11528 - in reply to #11500)

kulkarnn - 2004-11-02 9:03 AM

5 min a day? Considering your situation, you shall need at least 30 min a day. Of course, you should build it from a small time to 30 min aday. Also, you should be empty stomach when you do it.

Also, do not do leg up when and if you are ina Monthly Period.

About massage and hot bath, some other time. Sorry, I have to go to vote, For Kerry of course.

Neel Kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org

voting for kerry eh? well I'm liking you more and more .

I'm not terribly concerned right now about my back, it think I've looked for nearly every piece of advice there is. though please, go into the hot bath and massage thing any time, I'd really like to know how a massage or hot bath can be bad.

oh, and don't worry about me practicing during my monthly period. I, JAMESmorris, don't really have too much of a problem with that
kulkarnn
Posted 2004-11-02 6:46 PM (#11543 - in reply to #11420)

In Short, hot bath and massage both increase the supply of blood to the parts under treatment, in reaction or response to external stimulus (such as hot temperature, vibration, pressure, needles, etc.). The feeling of wellness is a paliation thereof. In long run this practice reduces the vital energy, also called as Prana in Yoga, and then debilitates the person, and also creates addiction to the stimulus. The only way one builds energy is the Rest. But, to build strength, you have to do exercise. But, exercise should not be done when you are debilitated.

Legs up shall also help your back when you do it for a prolonged time. If you do this for 6 months, with each day practice of 30 min, please do email me the results.

Regards
neel kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org

Posted 2004-11-03 9:57 AM (#11567 - in reply to #11500)

Well Brother Neel,
Glad you got to vote--even more glad it was for the loser (evil laugh....) Did you allow your new bride to vote?

kulkarnn - 2004-11-02 8:03 AM

Neel Kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
kulkarnn
Posted 2004-11-03 10:13 AM (#11569 - in reply to #11420)

Brother Bruce and all others interested:

Sorry for not keeping you informed. Yes, I am now engaged to my sweet heart. I shall marry her in December. She is an American Citizen, but we shall eventually move to India. I shall give more details soon. But, she is European in Race, but Hindu in Philosophy and performs Classical Indian Music for 24 years. Also, she speaks Hindi as well as my mother tongue Marathi both quite well.

Love
neel
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)