YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Half Locust and hyper extended arms
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

Wibus
Posted 2005-07-28 3:56 PM (#28328 - in reply to #28298)
Subject: RE: Half Locust and hyper exte

I was not aware that I was going to create such a stir by asking what I thought to be a very simple question....

Anyway, I feel like grabbing a knife and scooping out my quads and hamstrings at the moment as my legs hurt badly. I have being practicing everyday and did my first double yesterday. Advil: been there, done that. Massage, same thing. I guess just getting through the practice everyday is going to be my best bet....

I seriously want to cut my legs off as they feel like hammers pounding on them, a very dull pain... I apologize, I don't mean to complain too badly. I love this yoga, my mind is as high as I can imagine what a drug would be like, it's just right now my body is not following suit...

I appreciate all of the advice
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2005-07-28 4:14 PM (#28329 - in reply to #9354)
Subject: RE: Half Locust and hyper extended arms

it simply sounds like 'too much, too fast.' which is common among beginning weight lifters too.

again, you may need more fat, more protien, more rest, massage, electrolytes, stretching (or more yoga).
anya sharvani
Posted 2005-07-28 4:45 PM (#28332 - in reply to #9354)
Subject: RE: Half Locust and hyper extended arms

epsom salt bath will help. plus, everything everyone else said
tourist
Posted 2005-07-28 6:50 PM (#28341 - in reply to #28332)

Expert Yogi

Yes, epsom salts! And REST. If you dare to venture to other yoga styles you can find yoga called *restorative* Heavenly
Cyndi
Posted 2005-07-31 11:45 PM (#28590 - in reply to #28328)

Expert Yogi

Wibus - 2005-07-28 3:56 PM

Anyway, I feel like grabbing a knife and scooping out my quads and hamstrings at the moment as my legs hurt badly. I have being practicing everyday and did my first double yesterday. Advil: been there, done that. Massage, same thing. I guess just getting through the practice everyday is going to be my best bet....

I seriously want to cut my legs off as they feel like hammers pounding on them, a very dull pain... I apologize, I don't mean to complain too badly. I love this yoga, my mind is as high as I can imagine what a drug would be like, it's just right now my body is not following suit...

I appreciate all of the advice

Hey Wibus,

You really, really need to back off your practice a tinsy little bit. I would be careful about how far your pushing yourself into each pose and watch that very carefully. You know what?? You don't have to push to that level of pain to get the results from the asana, you only push a little bit over to the other side of discomfort. Having that said, when I was doing Bikram every day, I was going to Acupuncture every week...which helped a bunch. Once my Chinese Doctor when I told him my hamstrings hurt like h*%l, thought I meant for him to do the acupuncture on that area. Well, I couldn't get out of it and he put the needles all over those areas...talk about relief, it felt great to have that done and it cured my hamstring problem...which I had for weeks!!

Anyway, have you ever heard of Tiger Balm?? It works good for temporary relief. I like the White Tiger Balm as it is the stronger one.

Mainly, you need to rest your body as it is really important and rest will help your Chi Flow which is what you need to get through Bikram. Try to balance that out. When I was doing an every day practice, I did it over the winter months when I didn't have much going on..I sorda took a retreat. Today, there is no way with Summertime and all the activity at my house. I'm actually looking forward to winter time again,
Wibus
Posted 2005-08-03 12:04 AM (#28778 - in reply to #28590)

Cyndi-
Thank you. I agree. I think my problem is, is that I get so very excited and I overdo it. A good friend of mine is going to teacher training in a month so this has been her job. I did my first double with her the other day along with going everyday.... I took the weekend off and it helped a lot. Triangle pose has posed a problem for me and that is where I am getting a lot of the pain, so, I have modified it to my own needs as to not stress my legs too much. Anyway, am heading into the bath with the salt!!!
sr2930
Posted 2012-04-16 5:02 AM (#210363 - in reply to #9354)
Subject: Re: Half Locust and hyper extended arms

New User

my 10 year old daughter has hyper extended arms. she doesnt do yoga. she has been ice skating for 6 years. when she opens her hand its like the hand bends totally sinking down at elbow and then goes up. any pose that can help her?
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)