YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can yoga help Anger Management?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Women's HealthMessage format

Nancy
Posted 2004-06-29 9:59 AM (#7897)
Subject: Can yoga help Anger Management?

I have a short temper, im planning to take Anger managment classes...but i rather take yoga.....can yoga help instead? i dont get angry everyday but! when something really dissapoints me or i have a arguement i really go blank and i dont think clearly......
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2004-06-29 11:02 AM (#7898 - in reply to #7897)
Subject: RE: Can yoga help Anger Management?

Anger Management? You should meditate 5 min or even less several times a day, say may be 10 times at least, and focus on Peacefulness and determination to not being angry. Do not judge or analyse how you are, just focus on these two aspects. This will do the job. No management course, and other things are required. Yoga Exercise does not reduce anger. You should do Yoga Meditation. And, you should do this in parts like this due to your suggestion.

But, for other health and spirituality, go ahead and do Yoga!!!!

om sha.ntih sha.ntih sha.ntih.

Neel Kulkarni www.authenticyoga.org
Nancy
Posted 2004-06-29 3:12 PM (#7914 - in reply to #7897)

Thank you Neel, I found your website very interesting, i promise to try what u said....

Susie Q
Posted 2004-07-15 7:11 PM (#8395 - in reply to #7897)

Yoga can help alot of things. It brings the mind with the body as a whole and stable structure. I think it is really beneficiary to our health most importantly to stretch otherwise we will end up not feeling too good. Stretching is the best of yoga but don't forget to breathe in those areas where recommended. AH! Feels great and makes you feel great too!! Anger Management can be a scream in your pillow at the loudest. Try it, it works!
Susie Q
Posted 2004-07-15 7:15 PM (#8396 - in reply to #7897)

Nancy, I think anger management is good the classes that is if you really believe it is anger. Sometimes it can just be the hurt that is in us and not anger. I think yoga is very good for your and you are a very sweet lady. Whatever is bothering you or you get irritable quite easy maybe you should seek a therapist. No offense I have and it ended up to not be anger but hurt. God Bless and Good Luck! Susie Q
amzgdds
Posted 2004-07-17 9:59 PM (#8425 - in reply to #7897)

Hey Nancy,
Im a new member here but have been practicing yoga for about three years. I , like you, am a hot-head and I can tell you from experience that YES yoga can certainly help your anger. You have to go into your practice with an open mind and a willingless to learn. If you keep your yoga practice going it will seep into your daily life from the very first lesson and will soon be a basis of your finding yourself.
good luck
candy
DanaB
Posted 2004-12-05 5:58 PM (#13233 - in reply to #7897)

Using Zen for conflict management is one option. There is now a website where I downloaded a video course on Zen for conflict management and stable emotion. Try www.AppliedZen.com/videos

Good luck, I enjoyed it.

Dana
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)