YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

can yoga help mid life crisis?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Women's HealthMessage format

cathy
Posted 2004-05-17 3:23 PM (#6489)
Subject: can yoga help mid life crisis?

Can yoga help mid life crisis? what can you do to feel better ?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
YogaDancer
Posted 2004-05-17 5:14 PM (#6507 - in reply to #6489)
Subject: RE: can yoga help mid life crisis?

Cathy, if you think about it, your question is so wildly general there's no possible answer.
If you take a minute and decide what you're actually concerned about, perhaps there might be suggestions. Yoga can help with many things, whether it's asana, pranyama, bhakti, or moving into meditation.

Decide what your crisis is and we could go from there.

Christine

Posted 2004-05-17 5:24 PM (#6509 - in reply to #6489)

Cathy, while you're thinking about it, from a male perspective, yoga (practice and study) has really helped my third mid-life crisis (Frist was cured by a Harley, second by a pickup truck).

Seriously, learning a new skill/subject at the least occupies the mind and body and can give a sense of fullfillment that can help eliminate that oft lamented mid-life crisis phrase, "Is that all there is?"
kulkarnn
Posted 2004-05-17 10:28 PM (#6527 - in reply to #6489)

All crisis comes due to situation with the mind. I mean the reaction of mind to the situations. So, the soluttion lies in training the mind. Yoga is directly related to training mind. So, it must help. Please follow a meditation routine and then if you need to build strength of body, do exercises.

Neel Kulkarni www.authenticyoga.org
cathy
Posted 2004-05-18 9:42 AM (#6545 - in reply to #6489)

what i mean is i own most of the material stuff i wanted, i did the marriage thing, the kid, the job.....im bored i mean is this all to life.....im tired of huzzling as a single mom doing it all by myself and im only 32, bruce maybe ur right i need some excitement in my life, like a motocycle, or move to another state i dont know.........
YogaDancer
Posted 2004-05-18 9:57 AM (#6546 - in reply to #6545)

It sounds like you're just feeling there's more to life, but you just can't figure out what it is.
Frankly, I'm glad for you that it's not the commonly found, cheating mid-life crisis thing.

It sure wouldn't hurt to add yoga to your life. It would give you a different environment to experience, different and sometimes weird new friends, new social possibilities, and something to focus on that is different than your "normal" concerns.

Neel is correct in that this type of "crisis" is of the mind. Doesn't make it any more easier to handle, though. But at least the mind can make choices and changes that are well thought out and examined.

Yoga is probably less expensive (and potentially dangerous to a non-rider) than a motorcycle or a move to another state. You might want to give 'er a shot for awhile. Keep in mind that changes are not instant, though. Invest in them and yourself.

Christine
Posted 2004-05-25 7:05 AM (#6783 - in reply to #6489)

cathy - 2004-05-17 3:23 PM

Can yoga help mid life crisis? what can you do to feel better ?

Posted 2004-05-25 9:46 AM (#6784 - in reply to #6545)

Concur kiddo--at 32 you're not even at your prime--so much left to do and to experience. I've been through several points like that. Yoga has been a big benefit and not just the physical aspect but all the eons of scripture associated with it. One thing too Cathy that ALWAYS gets my attention is thinking, no matter where I am in life, I really have nothing to feel sorry for myself about compared with an incredible majority of people in the world--got my health, family, friends, food, water and more material things than I'm entitled to. I don't get down on myself for wanting more--think that's just human nature--but it does make me stop to count my blessings and alert me that I perhaps need to do something for others.

cathy - 2004-05-18 8:42 AM

what i mean is i own most of the material stuff i wanted, i did the marriage thing, the kid, the job.....im bored i mean is this all to life.....im tired of huzzling as a single mom doing it all by myself and im only 32, bruce maybe ur right i need some excitement in my life, like a motocycle, or move to another state i dont know.........
cathy
Posted 2004-05-26 9:01 AM (#6838 - in reply to #6489)

I think i realize what the problem was........someone i was involved with much younger, were it made me feel , like my life just stoped or it slowed down, because the person lived day by day never really spoke about goals and the future, i mean mentally the person was very young for me , i found that i couldnt have a serious deep conversation with........i moved on without the person and i feel really good, many things to look forward too..........thank u guys

Posted 2004-05-26 9:02 AM (#6839 - in reply to #6838)

Well I'm glad you feel better but now you have me fantasizing about a much younger woman--I'm tired about worrying about goals and stuff
cathy
Posted 2004-05-26 9:04 AM (#6840 - in reply to #6489)

wow i cant beleive i made a typo........and said i was 32 haha i will be 35 next week.........thats good to think im younger lol...........god bless............
cathy
Posted 2004-06-02 10:19 AM (#7082 - in reply to #6489)

well bruce if you can find that younger women that can make you happy go for it......see i was just messing a piece to my puzzle...mentally i need someone at my level......yoga has helped me so much........

good luck
Mary12
Posted 2004-06-05 9:33 PM (#7204 - in reply to #6489)

Cathy,

sounds more like a third life crisis. I had a quarter life crisis.
I'm 33 and I feel like my life has just begun. Yoga is awesome.
Recently I ran into a guy I dated, 10 yrs ago, I had no idea who he was.
He had aged so much. I'm way healthier now than I ever was in my twenties.
I was tired and exhausted all the time and a chronic worrier.

how old are your children? they must bring you much pleasure.

~ Mary.
cathy
Posted 2004-06-07 12:26 PM (#7242 - in reply to #6489)

thats good to hear mary.......yoga had made a diffrents in my life and of course my 11yr.old who is my pride and joy....
Mangalkrishna
Posted 2005-05-30 1:55 PM (#24809 - in reply to #6489)

Simple yoga asanas and breathing exercises will certainly make you happier even in your mid life crises - also do shavasana and simple meditation by watching your breath.

You will have the sense and feeling of deeper relaxation and results thereof.

Good Luck,

mangalkrishna (anubhooti4ever@yahoo.com)
YogaDancer
Posted 2005-05-30 2:03 PM (#24811 - in reply to #24809)

It seems to be my mission in life to remind people that yoga isn't magic.

Permit me:

>>Simple yoga asanas and breathing exercises will can/might certainly make you happier even in your mid life crises - also do shavasana and simple meditation by watching your breath.

You will could have the sense and feeling of deeper relaxation and results thereof.<<

There are no absolutes in life, yoga or anything involving humanity. If you don't experience these benefits, it's not that you the practitioner are doing something wrong. It just might not be the thing for you.

Mangalkrishna, don't fall into the trap of making absolute promises in the name of yoga. Nothing is guaranteed -- although these things might help.

Christine
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)