YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New to pilates
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Fitness -> PilatesMessage format

jeriwall
Posted 2004-04-29 4:45 PM (#5816)
Subject: New to pilates

Hi,

I just had a baby 6 months ago and I recently bought the Winsor Pilates DVD set. I have done them a few times and I think they are great.

My questions how often should I do them, and should I include cardio. I thought about switching between pilates and cardio every day.

And how many of you do the winsor pilates?

Thanks
jeriwall
Top of the page Bottom of the page
lmc28us
Posted 2004-05-03 5:08 PM (#5919 - in reply to #5816)
Subject: RE: New to pilates

I do the 20 minute Winsor Pilates about 3 times a week. It has really helped to tone my mid-section and outer thigh area. If you are just starting Pilates, take it easy and be sure you are doing the exercises properly. Concentrate (visually) on your abdominal muscles to keep your body in line. Cardiovascular activity is very important for fat loss and heart health, regardless of your weight. After 30 minutes of cardio your body starts to tap into reserves so keep the pace up. Over 6 months of 5 days of cardio, mixed with weight training, yoga and pilates I am 7 lbs from my goal weight after being 30lbs overweight. Post pregnanacy is different and a doctor should be consulted, but cardio can only help.

PS I always warm up with a mile walk before I do the pilates.
Yo'Av
Posted 2004-10-12 5:14 PM (#10791 - in reply to #5816)
Subject: RE: New to pilates

I also do pilates videos (including Winsor Pilates - it's great!), and the best way for you to get results and stay healthy is to be consistant with fitness workout combined with resistance training (3-4 times a week), cardio (5-6 times a week) + stretching (warm-up and cool-down for both). If you have the engergy left in you during your time off, you can also add the wokout of your choice (Pilates, Yoga, swimming or whatever you enjoy).
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)