YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

varicocele
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Men's HealthMessage format

ramesh
Posted 2004-01-26 11:47 AM (#3337)
Subject: varicocele

I am 26yrs old and i have been diagonised for varicoceles.. Does Yoga have any treatment for this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kumar
Posted 2004-02-05 6:36 AM (#3515 - in reply to #3337)
Subject: RE: varicocele

hi even iam looking for the same
tmb
Posted 2004-02-05 2:30 PM (#3531 - in reply to #3337)

Excuse me if I am treading on "no mans land", but what is Varicocele?
Emily
Posted 2004-02-05 2:38 PM (#3532 - in reply to #3531)

The condition is more commonly referred to as varicose veins.

Namaste,
Emily
kumar
Posted 2004-02-06 4:00 AM (#3558 - in reply to #3337)

namsate emily,
please dont confuse varicocele with varicose veins they are different, varicose veins are bulging veins which appear in ur hands, and legs.varicocele is different, it comes when the veins near the scrotum area bulge out becos they have lost their strength to carryout blood from that area,this leads to excess blood remaining in ur scrotum area(near to testicles) increasing the temperature there,leading to pain\low sperm count --->infertility.varicose veins in the scrotum area carry out the blood from the scrotum to the heart,at times they get weak and fail to carry out blood leading to blood remaining there leading to bulkier veins.visit http://www.uro.com/varicocele.htm for more info.All i want to know is, is there any yoga which reduces the pain and strengthens the veins there.
ajay
Posted 2004-02-11 12:36 AM (#3658 - in reply to #3337)

hey friends
i am also suffering from varicocele,
previously i had in my left testicle i got operated.than now it has come on right side too
its very paining now.but now a days i am taking the help of yoga
i am doing sarvang asan and savasan
it is very helping
it relieve me from the pain immediately
u can also try
kumar
Posted 2004-02-16 2:07 AM (#3771 - in reply to #3658)

thanks ajay
kumar
Posted 2004-03-10 3:16 AM (#4369 - in reply to #3337)

any other suggestions for treating this problem is welcome.
suraj
Posted 2004-05-31 3:32 PM (#6999 - in reply to #3337)

i too have bilateral varicocele. the sarvangasana is a good pain releiver. is there any good food habits which will reduce the discomfort due to varicocele?
hari
Posted 2006-10-26 8:18 AM (#68205 - in reply to #3337)

Vericocele is problem caused due to dilated veins this brings pain in your scrotum area, this is found in 15% of men population. For some it starts with one testicle and then happens to other. It is has this dull dragging pain through out the day and the discomfort is annoying. To me i had the pain happening on the left of lower abdomen and then the pressure going down to my groain.

Well surgery isnt a 100% guarenteed solution. The success ration is 70% percent the 30% suffer from continued pain in the other testicle or draining the accumaltion of Hydrocycil chemical that happens in the inner layer of the groain area.

Please check your Sperm count it should not be below 20 million per ml thats average best, but a healthy male has between 60-100 million count.

As somebody said, it is better to check the condition of your problem then get into YOGA. I am an yoga practicioner myself and i am able to manage my pain, through yoga asnas like sarvangasna, Savasana, sirasasana...especially those that have inverted poster. The blood flow will be in the opposite direction relaxing that region and helps in better circulation of blood.

Homeopathy has a heeling medicine for varicocele, you may have to meet a good homeopath who is been practising for a while and show your reports, they would recommend you medicine, which would be based on your condition and treat for 3 months and assure promising results.

A mix of yoga, homeo medicines and good diet, especially roots, fruits & plenty of liquid helps in having a good bowels relaxing your scrotum area veins without much of a thrust.

Also to relax you from pain, you could immerse your back in a tub of water with epsum salt helping you reducing if there is any internal swelling.

Over and above all this carry a healthy mind and practise good yoga under a good instructor i am sure you will be in a position to manage your day with negligable pain!

All the best.

Edited by hari 2006-10-26 8:25 AM
Nick
Posted 2006-10-27 4:41 PM (#68359 - in reply to #68205)

Hi all,
I've only got one thing to add-weight trainers are told not to lift or strain when they train-it can produce varicose veins in the testicles-so take your yoga lightly-breathe with enough force that the difficulites of each posture do not result in your holding your breath, or for your breath to be impeded!!

Nick

Posted 2006-10-27 8:55 PM (#68374 - in reply to #3337)

This is a very good question and I'd like to consult some senior teachers on the matter - which I will do the second week of November.

A qualified teacher can work with this sort of thing. And that approach might be similar to prostitis or epididymitis. I have very specific asana ideas in my mind but I don't feel it's appropriate to launch into this as some might mistake the information and it's really meant to be imparted teacher to student.

But yes I do think it can be worked with in the yoga context.

Posted 2006-11-01 3:01 PM (#68701 - in reply to #3337)

Ramesh,

The asana work suggested for this has been confirmed as Badha Konasana and Badha Konasana in Viparita Karani.

If there's inflammation, swelling, then a Tumeric drink is recommmended. I am not able to share the recipe for this over the internet. I apologize. In lieu of this, increase tumeric in cooked foods (must be heated for efficacy). This assumes you do not have any disposition to tumeric in general. Please also watch Wheat and refined sugar consumption as well as dairy products. If you do not live in the US the wheat isssue may be moot as it's not stored as wheat is here in America.

And finally the emotional work of this you must do. These three things must combine; asana, diet, and emotional work. I'll say no more on this third matter.

Hope this is helpful to you.
onefineday
Posted 2006-11-08 4:34 PM (#69005 - in reply to #3337)

Hi,

I've had epididymitis for 2 years.
I have inflammation / swelling on the sides of my testicles.

Are there any methods (yoga or drinks) to help with epididymitis?
I am based out in Long Beach, CA, are there any good teachers in that area?

Thanks,
Mark
Nick
Posted 2006-11-09 3:20 AM (#69027 - in reply to #69005)

Hi Mark,
Yoga for this condition, specifically? I think not. I don't know much about this-seem to remember chlamyidia being the main cause in this day and age, so I would have thought makes sure you don't keep re-infecting yourself. I believe some sort of supportive bandage is often used. I would have thought some of the postures which squeeze your nuts would not be too pleasant-you might be better off with the standing postures, so that you don't hit the ground all the time when sitting Take care, good luck

Nick

Posted 2006-11-12 10:51 PM (#69224 - in reply to #69005)

Hi Mark,

This will go away. There's no association with sexually transmitted disease as far as any research or personal experience I've come across.

It is appropriate to have a proper prostate exam but I'm guessing since you've used the term "epididymitis" that you've gotten that from a proctologist. It's not the sort of phrase tossed around over coffee.

Two years however is quite a long time.
These things, from a yoga perspective, deal with root chakra issues and therefore relate specifically to sexuality. So the internal, emotional work, if you've had this for two years, is not being rooted up.

It's a sensitive subject that I don't expect one would want to chat about on a forum.
As for inflammation there is a tumeric beverage that should be consumed each day and I'd reduce or eliminate your wheat and dairy intake. Seek out the recipe for the tumeric beverage on the web. I'm not comfortable sharing this with people who are not my students.

From an asana perspective as I suggested to the OP supta baddha konasana with the legs on the wall is approrpriate for this sort of issue as it brings vitality in to the (root) pelvis.

Contact Brian Legere at ventura yoga. Even though he's in Ventura (an hour and a half from you) he might know the area better than I. You may tell him one of the Purna Yoga students recommended him.

onefineday - 2006-11-08 1:34 PM
Hi,
I've had epididymitis for 2 years.
I have inflammation / swelling on the sides of my testicles.
Are there any methods (yoga or drinks) to help with epididymitis?
I am based out in Long Beach, CA, are there any good teachers in that area?
Thanks,
Mark

Edited by purnayoga 2006-11-12 10:58 PM
Nick
Posted 2006-11-13 2:04 AM (#69231 - in reply to #69224)

Hi Gordon,
The connection between chlamydia and epididymitis are in fact well documented:
"A chlamydia infection can inflame the epididymis, a coiled tube located beside each testicle."

"How do you get it? For men who are under 35 years of age and sexually active, epididymitis is usually acquired from the STDs chlamydia or gonorrhea"

Nick
imbrad07
Posted 2010-01-11 4:00 AM (#120585 - in reply to #3337)
Subject: Re: varicocele

Ya yoga is very much beneficial to cure these types of problems. Actually yoga is the best treatment of all health disorders. For more health related information you can follow
health blog

Edited by imbrad07 2010-01-11 4:01 AM
avinash3396
Posted 2011-03-26 2:10 PM (#207984 - in reply to #3337)

New User

i too have been suffering from ths problem for past one year... ive heard that doing inverted yoga postures helps (sarvangasana is one of them) but till now now ive nt expereinced any real benefir from doing it..according to me doin an inverted postire can just ease the pressure on teh testicles but not really heal the veins.. also ive heard that doin bhastrika can even worsen it as it pushes more blood towards your varicoceles. bt im nt sure if theres any truth to it. Ive come across homeopathic doctors who would claim to have a cure for it bt then nobody really knows if homeopathy had ever really cured anything let alone talking about the science behind it. Keep doing those inverted postures..have an active lifestyle and maintain your weight close to teh ideal weight...
jpg
Posted 2011-03-28 12:37 PM (#207990 - in reply to #207984)

You can only fix the problem with surgery. You may be able to minimize some of the discomfort with yoga, but it will not fix it.

If you ever want to have children, have the surgery. If you do not want children and can manage the discomfort, don't worry about it.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)