YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I want to Learn how to do yoga
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

Can Some1 Help?
Posted 2004-01-10 2:40 PM (#3131)
Subject: I want to Learn how to do yoga

Hi im almost 13 in a bout a month and i want to learn yoga but where i live there is no teachers is there another way like by the computer or by a book and what kind of book CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Emily
Posted 2004-01-13 8:04 AM (#3182 - in reply to #3131)
Subject: RE: I want to Learn how to do yoga

Hi There,

There are many books and videos that might help you on your journey.  Light on Yoga is a wonderful book.  We carry many others in our store if you want to peruse some good books and videos.

Namaste,

neel kulkarni
Posted 2004-03-29 12:54 AM (#4931 - in reply to #3131)

purchase the videos from www.authenticyoga.org and you shall get what you are looking for
LEORA
Posted 2004-05-06 10:12 AM (#6031 - in reply to #3182)

Hi

I need help in locating a willing yoga teacher in Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa. I want to learn how to do yoga and teach yoga to children with ADHD. My son (7) has ADHD and having read articles on the subject it would seem as if by doing yoga he will reap the benefits of better concentration and focus as well as better stress management. If there is nobody who can help me, where can I obtain media (books, video ect) that will help me?
ker4earth
Posted 2004-05-06 9:46 PM (#6062 - in reply to #3131)

Hi there,

I take it you're in a situation where you just can't get to a class for some reason. Don't worry. It happens to all of us at some point, especially when we're teenagers. I urge you, however, to try your best to attend at least one class or workshop so you can be guided through the new physical maneuvers first so you don't get hurt. Once you've got that established, you can use any of the wide variety of videos and books out there and practice daily at home. The Yoga Deck by Olivia H. Miller is great. You can also get good tips in Yoga Journal (www.yogajournal.com) and a new magazine, Yoga For Everybody (www.yoga4everybody.com). Good luck!
s.mitra
Posted 2004-05-22 5:45 AM (#6685 - in reply to #3131)

dear
do you want to learn asthanga yoga( 8 section) ? what for you want to learn ie. for fitness or any health problem.? i am with yoga since 1978 when i was only 14 and still i am with yoga i'll die with yoga. if you need any information please write to me at bholaynath@rediffmail.com. if i have got any chance i'll teach yoga in aboad ie, in newzealand or autralia.
with regards
s.mitra
kulkarnn
Posted 2004-05-25 12:29 PM (#6791 - in reply to #3131)

Dear Leora: Obtain Sun Salutations Level I and Authentic Yoga Level I from www.authenticyoga.org
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)