YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Diet
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> General WellnessMessage format

Layne Hedrick
Posted 2003-10-30 12:54 PM (#2565)
Subject: Diet

Hello everyone,

Just a quick question about diet. I have maintained what I consider a fairly healthy diet for the past 10 years. Lately however I have started to feel I could do better and have even contemplated going vegetarian. I wanted to get some advice regarding diet and health to see what other do to maintain a healthy diet and a healthy state of being.

thanks

Layne Hedrick
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Naisha
Posted 2003-11-25 4:11 PM (#2733 - in reply to #2565)
Subject: RE: Diet

Hi Layne;
I've done just about everything in the past regarding diet. I've now realized that a raw food diet is the best one for me. I struggled with weight, type II diabetis, the beginnings of arthritis, fatigue and many other emerging health issues even though I maintained what was considered a "very" healthy diet. Since I have been eating 100% raw, I've lost over 20 pounds, have incredible energy, no more mood or blood sugar swings, and many other benefits. You may want to check out the website that helped me with information-- www.living-foods.com.
Best of luck to you!
Bright Blessings,
Naisha
Kelly
Posted 2004-01-03 2:03 PM (#3025 - in reply to #2565)

Layne,
Congratulations on your quest for improving your diet. As a fellow yogini and a registered dietitian I encourage you to explore your intuition re: cutting down on animal products. I work at a large teaching hospital and I can tell you that a lot of the patients I see could benefit (or could have prevented) their health issues with a diet high in fresh fruits and vegetables and little to no animal products. Vegetarian means different things to different people and you have to find what is right for you. It is also special to me because I feel it is an expression of ahimsa, or non-violence. Good luck.
Kelly
blen
Posted 2004-01-04 1:12 AM (#3037 - in reply to #2565)

hi myname is blen and i want to diet and i wantmore information about yoga mymail adress is noworres@yahoo.com bye
andi want tonoweif thereis any place hearinkenya which i can practice yoga

Beuti
Posted 2004-01-25 9:38 PM (#3331 - in reply to #2565)

Does anyone have any diet advice because im trying to lose weight befor its to late and im gonna use yoga to help.My email address is Ebbypoo13@aol.com and thaks alot how ever does this for me.
Tina
Posted 2004-01-27 12:12 AM (#3338 - in reply to #3331)

Hello,
May I recomend macrobiotics, It will change your life around. Here is a helpful site www.mariamnour.com , follow the links and there are some good recomendations for books on macrobiotic cooking & life style. I Hope it helps!
Tina
okay
Posted 2004-01-29 2:53 PM (#3409 - in reply to #2733)

that is the worst diet you could get sick just eating raw food un less it's all veggies
jemi
Posted 2004-02-04 7:02 AM (#3493 - in reply to #3409)

kindly sent me the detail befriefly about yoga &diet
leoma
Posted 2004-04-27 2:07 PM (#5751 - in reply to #3331)

no diet is really good for you ,
you know how your body is .and you also know what you like to eat . the best thing that work for me was (i drank a lot of water . and didnt eat some much fatty food . if i wanted some chips i would get the baked chips if i wanted pasta i would eat wheat pasta.there are so many thing you can do with out going and eating nasty food.) take it from a mother of 3
kulkarnn
Posted 2004-04-29 12:15 PM (#5809 - in reply to #2565)

Dear Layne:
Try the Audio CD : Diet from the Authentic Yoga School, it has 3 speeches and fully answers your question. Cost 28 dollars by mail or 25 in person.

neel kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
hemmat
Posted 2004-05-27 6:57 PM (#6918 - in reply to #3338)

Tina - 2004-01-27 12:12 AM

Hello,
May I recomend macrobiotics, It will change your life around. Here is a helpful site www.mariamnour.com , follow the links and there are some good recomendations for books on macrobiotic cooking & life style. I Hope it helps!
Tina
kulkarnn
Posted 2004-05-27 10:25 PM (#6922 - in reply to #2565)

On the path to Diet Improvement, a human reaches the Best Diet for humans which consists ONLY following items:

1. Tree Ripe Fruits which are tasty without any addition. For example Mango YES,

2. Raw vegetables which are tasty without any addition. For example: Lettuce YES, Bitter Gourd NO.

3 Raw Nuts - For example Almonds, Casheews YES. Pine nuts NO.

4. Certain Seeds - Pumpkin YES. Papaya NO.

5. And of course Pure water and Pure Air - these two are more important than other diet.

Neel Kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)