YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

teaching yoga
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

Natasha
Posted 2002-08-07 7:42 PM (#879)
Subject: teaching yoga

I have been doing yoga for about 3 1/2 years now (on and off). I had a baby 15 months ago and would like to begin studying yoga to teach it. There is a teacher certification course I can complete at home (while I take care of my son). Are these types of teacher certifications reliable or should I not waste my money??? (the course should take me 3 - 4 months to complete).
Once I finish this course I want to teach beginners yoga and continue to study and enlighten myself so I can enlighten my clients as well.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Juila M
Posted 2002-08-15 8:54 AM (#905 - in reply to #879)

There are many types programs of programs the will result in certification however the type of training that you choose will determine your true level of qualification and expertise. For example, many programs aim to certify as many people in as little time possible. These programs focus on the physical aspects of yoga and aim to develop proficiency in a narrow range of poses. Often there is little focus on the development of the spiritual and community aspects of yoga which is the foundation of traditional yoga.
When selecting a program, consider one that is well rounded and one that also compliments your background of yoga practice.

Best of luck.

Julia M
Jess
Posted 2003-02-15 1:32 PM (#1321 - in reply to #879)

Its wonderful and exciting that you want to teach yoga, and I commend you on your initiative. It may be worthwhile to study at home, but in my experience as a teacher and student, absolutely nothing can beat the guidance of a live teacher. While a study at home course could be a valuable step towards a teaching career, I'd also encourage you to continue to practice with experienced teachers. In terms of the quality of the particular course that interests you, it may be worthwhile to see if you can speak with others who have completed the course to get their feedback.

Namaste,
Jess
Jess@yoga.com
Ashley
Posted 2003-12-16 9:56 PM (#2871 - in reply to #879)
Subject: RE: teaching yoga

Hi. Would you tell me the at home program that you have found to become certified to teach Yoga? I am also interested.
thanks,
Ashley
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)