YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Meditation
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

Cindy
Posted 2002-09-12 2:21 AM (#984)
Subject: Meditation

Hi I am 17 years old and i have been having alot of stress lately and i would really like to learn some techniques on how to medidate and also the right place to do my medidation. I would really appreciated if anyone can give me some advice. Thanks! :o)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Ez
Posted 2002-09-18 4:09 PM (#1007 - in reply to #984)

Hello,
You can check the www.yogadirectory.com and find a yoga place near your location. Attend few yoga/meditation sessions and see the result for yourself. Have a wonderful and stressless day !!!!

Regards,
Ez
Micki
Posted 2002-09-20 3:04 PM (#1017 - in reply to #984)

Hi! I am 13 & i do yoga & sometimes in free time I meditate too. It really in't that hard, there are a couple ways to meditate that i know. One is you are calming your breathing & just not thinking of anything. You relax completly & let go of all your worries & for older pleople they r supposed to relax their wrinkles but since ur seventeen i don't think u have any. And you sit there & breathe & do absolutly nothing. Then there is my second favorite way. You put on some nature sound music, then you sit down indian style. Then you relax just like in the pose before, but thats not all. You imagine a nature scene & you are just there in that place.
Paul
Posted 2002-09-30 3:08 PM (#1041 - in reply to #984)

You can begin with books on meditation. "Breath Sweeps Mind" is an excellent book of short essays on meditation. Find someone to teach you the basics. You only need one lesson to get going. Meditation is as simple as breathing.
Miles Baskett Iv
Posted 2002-12-09 9:18 PM (#1190 - in reply to #984)

I know a simple yet powerful meditation.It will add energy and calmness to your day.First sit on the floor and cross your legs indian style.Next lay both hands palm down on each thigh left on left right on right.Now sit erect like your head is suspended by a string,and tip your chin down slightly.Close your eyes,breathe in and imagine that you are filling up with white light.Next,when you exhale,imagine that your body and soul disperse with the breath.then repete.After awhile you will feel many good sensations,sometimes even strange images.It is normal,just enjoy!
Jess
Posted 2002-12-13 6:06 PM (#1199 - in reply to #984)

Hi Cindy,
Sorry you're stressed. There are definitely resources to help you meditate, from classes and community groups to books, music and videos. You may want to check and see if any yoga studios or massage schools in your area offer instruction.

Also, here are some resources available at Yoga.com :

Videos:
Meditation - a Yoga Zone Video for Beginners

A Guide to Walking Meditation Video With Thich Naht Hanh

Best,
Jess
Suryabhagavan Pradhanacharya Rishignanam
Posted 2003-01-22 6:26 AM (#1282 - in reply to #984)

22/01/03

INFACT YOU CAN ESPERIENCE MEDITATION BY SITTING ANY PLACE. OF COURSE IT IS AT ABSOLUTE STATE. SELECT A VERYGOOD FREE AIR FLOW AND LIGHT.ANYDIRECTION NO PROBLEM THE BEST DIRECTIONS SUGGESTED ARE EAST OR NORTH.BEK WITH YOURSELF WATCH WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU CLOSE YOUR EYES AND SITS.
alvinsmith
Posted 2011-12-23 1:13 AM (#209678 - in reply to #984)
Subject: RE: Meditation

Have yourself made a schedule on how you are going to do meditation in a day. For most beginners, it is most recommended to have a 2, 15-minute sessions of meditation per day, one in morning and another at night.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)