YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

how long for results
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Women's HealthMessage format

Aleisha
Posted 2003-10-26 3:01 PM (#2546)
Subject: how long for results

I am about to enter the world of yoga. i made this decision because i am a very emotional person and the last several years have been really stressful for me and have caused a lot of emotional problems. i want to feel better about myself and have a more sound mind to make decisions and trust my inner self. i was just wondering how long it will take for me to notice a change in myself.when will i begin to feel calmer and have the ability to handle lifes ups and downs.i want to have a more positive attitude about life and myself.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Posted 2003-10-27 3:50 PM (#2549 - in reply to #2546)
Subject: how long for results

Unfortunately, every one is different. However, if you stick with practicing consistently 3-4 times a week you can begin to feel results within a matter of weeks.

Stay with it and best of luck to you.

Namaste,
Emily
Eva
Posted 2004-01-22 12:00 AM (#3292 - in reply to #2546)
Subject: RE: how long for results

You may want to explore yin yoga. My yoga teacher created a healing practice for me using yin yoga. I take one day at a time, but I can feel the difference when I do my practice and when I don't. Take care and know it is possible to find that inner peace.
Posted 2004-02-06 10:34 AM (#3562 - in reply to #2546)

Aleisha - 2003-10-26 3:01 PM

I am about to enter the world of yoga. i made this decision because i am a very emotional person and the last several years have been really stressful for me and have caused a lot of emotional problems. i want to feel better about myself and have a more sound mind to make decisions and trust my inner self. i was just wondering how long it will take for me to notice a change in myself.when will i begin to feel calmer and have the ability to handle lifes ups and downs.i want to have a more positive attitude about life and myself.
nija
Posted 2004-02-10 8:57 AM (#3642 - in reply to #2546)

Aleisha - 2003-10-26 3:01 PM

Sanju R.Kale
Posted 2004-02-12 5:20 AM (#3689 - in reply to #2546)

Ipractise yoga pranayam and my heart which was block 70%at the age of 37 was clear naturally and iam feeling absoulutly happy.
Thanks for Ambika yoga kutir Thane, mumbai.(INDIA)

I also teach pranayam now to help people.

Thanks for this site.
my email epoxyshop@hotmail.com
landqueen
Posted 2004-02-12 7:27 PM (#3708 - in reply to #2546)

As others here have mentioned it is up to the individual. How open are you? Are you willing to try and work through getting yourself open to the more 'difficult' positions? I have recently started yoga myself and started with an Iyengar tape; the first morning I tried, I burst into tears. I felt so open, spiritually, that it just came out. I am now working on my flexibility and pray to continue into yoga for weight loss when I improve! Namaste, and all the best to you!
Posted 2004-02-29 5:03 AM (#4175 - in reply to #2546)

ur an emotional wreck sorry but yoga cant help you need some psycotherapy for your emotions and ur fat sorry
Posted 2004-02-29 5:03 AM (#4176 - in reply to #2546)

ur an emotional wreck sorry but yoga cant help you need some psycotherapy for your emotions and ur fat sorry
Posted 2004-02-29 5:05 AM (#4177 - in reply to #3292)

sorrry but yoga is not going to heel u fat lady
Posted 2004-02-29 5:12 AM (#4178 - in reply to #3689)

wow thats great but im gay lady and i was spanking 2 gay guys a day ok im gay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted 2004-02-29 5:22 AM (#4179 - in reply to #3708)

i love yoga i have 5 brothers and we all do naked yoga together in the bath it so healing 4 me and my 5 brothers.we all suffer from flacid penis my brothers names 4 rob bob cob nob dob oh and my retarded monkey cocey doo plz help were all in desperate need of wanking machines were gay hurry were f ing to hard
busy91
Posted 2004-03-29 1:35 PM (#4950 - in reply to #2546)

Hi Aleisha

I'm new to the world of yoga, so I can only speak for myself. As for my level of stress it is moderate to high, but I noticed an improvement within a few days. I did feel more centered and calmer. My stress did not dissipate completly, but I did notice it in one area of my life that I usually find very stressful. I hate to drive. I live in New York City (need I say anymore) and I found that my level of annoyance with other drivers decreased considerably. I'm sure, as with everything else, it differs from person to person, but instead of anticipating the change, enjoy the journey, and the change will come and you probably won't even realize it.

Good luck,
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)