YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Big Boobs... HELP!!!
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Women's HealthMessage format

Mena
Posted 2003-03-11 4:25 PM (#1536)
Subject: Big Boobs... HELP!!!

I need help, Though I'm only 5ft my cup size is a 38DD I had back problems and Yoga did help, but then and now I have to (Literly) move my boobs out of the way! is there a form of yoga I can do to help me with my back and weight, and not get my boobs in the way?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
nubianyogi
Posted 2004-02-18 10:52 AM (#3831 - in reply to #1536)
Subject: RE: Big Boobs... HELP!!!

The simple solution to your dilemma is to wear a very sturdy sports bra when you practice yoga. Of course, you will sacrifice comfort for this additional support, so this may not be an option if you can't stand being confined.

Your bra size indicates that while you are well endowed you are not a large woman. I encourage you to actively lift your rib cage off the throat while practicing.One of the great lessons of yoga is that the practice is subjective. As your practice matures, you understand what type of practice is most suitable for you and how certain poses affect you. Sometimes this insight includes realizing that particular asanas must be modified or abandoned altogether. I suggest you experiment with modifications. Persevere, and you'll profit from figuring out a way to practice.

YogaDancer
Posted 2004-04-07 9:27 AM (#5195 - in reply to #1536)

Dearheart, I feel for 'ya!
I'm not as well endowed as you, but I'm 5'3.25" and have had trouble with my own, er, "endowment" for quite some time. I did find the joy of a sports bra recently and love it. However, sometimes things just plain get in the way.

I practice Ashtanga, where it's a rather touchy-feely practice. Lots of adjustments. Because of the very asexual, pragmatic approach of my teachers, I'm not self-conscious. Sometimes I just have go take myself in hand and move myself to the side. But I also had to do this with my tummy before I lost a bunch of weight. The teachers say to the students before any adjustment, "B&B!" That means "move your boobs and belly!" We laugh and move on.

That said, strengthen your back with Shalabhasana. That's locust pose. Work really hard to lift your shoulders up and back, letting your shoulderblades support your spinal muscles (and chest) by sliding down the rib cage. This will help get the space in the rib cage nubiniyogini was discussing. If you're ready, backbends will be good for you, as well, since I'll bet your shoulders and mid back get really tired.

I realize this doesn't help, but know you're not alone. And ignore that idiot "wont to see a picture." All kinds of perverts and pimply adolescent boys lurk yoga boards hoping to get a glimpse of a woman in a yoga pose. For some reason, even down dog is erotic to some people who have no lives.

I forgot to mention that I am 1/2" taller than I was 3 years ago. Evidently I've not only been making space in my spine, but I've built the muscles to support that expansion. So the taller we get, the less difficult the "endowment" is. At least that's what I keep telling myself!

Christine

matt
Posted 2004-06-29 11:11 PM (#7949 - in reply to #1536)

Mena - 2003-03-11 4:25 PM

I need help, Though I'm only 5ft my cup size is a 38DD I had back problems and Yoga did help, but then and now I have to (Literly) move my boobs out of the way! is there a form of yoga I can do to help me with my back and weight, and not get my boobs in the way?

Tell you what, my close friend had the same problem.All she did was do excercises and stretch after a while her pains went away.if u hav anyother questions just ask
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)