YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

yoga and pre-menstrual spotting
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Women's HealthMessage format

D
Posted 2003-03-05 5:51 PM (#1485)
Subject: yoga and pre-menstrual spotting

When ever I do yoga I seem to get my period early, lasting anywhere from 1-2 weeks. It seems that doing yoga causes me to spot, as this does not occur in the months that I don't practice yoga. Any doctor I have asked about this is clueless. I am on birth control, I don't know if this has anything to do with it. Any suggestions?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Ling
Posted 2003-07-16 9:47 PM (#2126 - in reply to #1485)
Subject: yoga and pre-menstrual spotting

I had the same problem. I had three miscarriages before and thus my uterus/cervix is weak. I used to have bleeding in between menstruations, even when I was not doing any excercise. Went for a check-up and my gynae told me it's just hormonal imbalance. When I do yoga or any streneous exercise which use my stomach/abdominal muscles, I bleed. I went to see a TCM(Traditional Chinese Medicine) practitioner and he explained to me that because my 'chi' and my 'shue' (blood) are insufficient, the pressure point under my navel is not stable. Excercises like TaiChi, Yoga and etc. are not recommended for the time being because some of the poses focus a lot on that point. Walking is good. Meanwhile, I also take chinese medicine to strengthen my 'chi' and 'shue'. I've been doing this for 3 months and so far so good. I can even do some yoga now. This is my story. Everyone is different. I'm not saying that my experience will apply to everyone. Just to tell you that you are not alone.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)