YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

sexuality and healing
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Women's HealthMessage format

Amy
Posted 2002-07-24 1:03 PM (#813)
Subject: sexuality and healing

I was raped three years ago and have been trying to heal old wounds (mostly emotional) with the assistance of yoga and meditation. I have gone into some very deep and relaxing meditative positions that have seemed to help some, but I feel like I have reached a block. I am not sure what to do next. My yoga instructor has told me to visualize white light coming into my spiritual center, which has helped some, but I still feel a block. If there is anyone out there who has might be able to offer me any suggestions I would be very grateful.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Janette Gonzalez
Posted 2002-07-25 1:11 PM (#819 - in reply to #813)

Hey listen, I was rape in 97" and everyday I tried to not think about it, but it hurts to know that my dignity was taking from me, stay close to God, regularly relax, remain focus, if you need a friend just e-mail me we can talk, I now have two little boys and i and very over protective of them to install positive values in them, but a close friend referred me to this website and it's very interesting I think i will try out the meditation & exercising. I hope we both can put our fears,worries aside, and try to live a stablized life. Bye
Janette Gonzalez
Posted 2002-07-25 1:12 PM (#820 - in reply to #813)

Hey listen, I was rape in 97" and everyday I tried to not think about it, but it hurts to know that my dignity was taking from me, stay close to God, regularly relax, remain focus, if you need a friend just e-mail me we can talk, I now have two little boys and i and very over protective of them to install positive values in them, but a close friend referred me to this website and it's very interesting I think i will try out the meditation & exercising. I hope we both can put our fears,worries aside, and try to live a stablized life. Bye
Raven
Posted 2002-10-29 6:50 PM (#1116 - in reply to #813)

Hi...I am a survivour of multiple sexual assaults and I will be honest with you...3 yrs may SEEM like long time and you may feel that you should be farther ahead in your healing etc, but in all reality, it isn't long at all...I meditate and started again to practice yoga (though not as faithfully as I'd like) but you need to do more than that. You didn't mention if you have done anything else to get through this so I am going to assume that you haven't...IMO you should...as hard as it is, can and will be you have to DEAL with it, you cant just find ways to destress etc...you have to (honest) actually deal with what happened which includes a lot of difficult things but its well worth it in the long run...there are some great online support groups etc if you would like the addys to some of them, let me know

If you ever want to talk or have questions feel free to email me....good luck to you

Take care of you and stay strong
Raven
Gabbs
Posted 2003-04-23 5:37 PM (#1750 - in reply to #813)

Hello,
a good teacher should know if its time for you to move to a more prepared teacher.
if you feel that your current teacher has thought everything possible, dont feel like "betraying" if you look for another yoga teacher that may have deeper knowledge on meditation, relaxation, etc.
I wish you the best in your search for inner peace. Namaste!
Radhakrishanan
Posted 2003-04-27 2:01 AM (#1766 - in reply to #813)

u don't worry , do mediation every day. your problem willl gone physically and mentally.
Yoga Acharyan.sri.narayanji
Posted 2003-06-09 11:50 AM (#1966 - in reply to #813)

Most Blessed Self.loving greetings.hope this letter finds u in peace.
If u try and learn VEDANTA PHILOSOHY and live a YOGA WAY OF LIFE, I am sure u will start feeling better.
pls check web www.sivananda.org
if u have more qestions pls feel free to ask
My prayers are with u
Narayanji
Timothy
Posted 2003-06-10 12:39 AM (#1973 - in reply to #813)

Dear Amy,

You may want to read my article "Emotional Release through Yoga" for more ideas on how to move through emotional blockages here: http://www.yogabasics.com/articles/emotions.html

Namaste,
Timothy
http://www.yogabasics.com
Jerika
Posted 2003-08-25 1:41 PM (#2358 - in reply to #813)

I was sexually abused when i was young several times it was hard to overcome the pain in many ways, however, yoga has helped me to overcome the painful memeories I think you should continue to to do yoga I have mad love for you and keep up the good work, remember we are strong women and we can achieve anything.
Jerika
Posted 2003-08-25 1:41 PM (#2359 - in reply to #813)

I was sexually abused when i was young several times it was hard to overcome the pain in many ways, however, yoga has helped me to overcome the painful memeories I think you should continue to to do yoga I have mad love for you and keep up the good work, remember we are strong women and we can achieve anything.
Gabo
Posted 2003-09-05 8:39 AM (#2413 - in reply to #813)

salve!
come state?dove adita?
sonomolte lieta di fate asua conosenca:))
Melissa Chiaro
Posted 2003-09-26 10:29 AM (#2451 - in reply to #813)

My suggestion is to just keep trying, because if you keep it up, you will more than likely get past the block. Whatever you choose to do, DON'T STOP. If you stop completely and try to start over again after a while, you will be right where you began. Good luck to you and remember that there is always someone there for you who cares.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)