YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bikram vs. Hot Yoga??
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

Herb
Posted 2003-06-14 1:05 AM (#1986)
Subject: Bikram vs. Hot Yoga??

I am quite confused, what are the issues of the controversial bikram vs. hot yoga or hot yoga vs. bikram yoga? Or is there one?

Has there been an integrity/good faith breach?

Or simply, just the standard commerical competitive struggle of yoga exploitation in differentiating degrees that usually plunges each other into hatred over the querls of capital gains at the expense of uninformed consumers?

Commericalism vs. yogi-ism?

Truth vs. Illusion?

I vs. you? and You vs. me?

Can't seem to figure what is real anymore, can you?

Herb.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Emma
Posted 2003-07-01 10:02 PM (#2058 - in reply to #1986)
Subject: Bikram vs. Hot Yoga??

hi Herb,
yes there usually is a difference. Bikram is a series of 26 poses designed by Bikram Ch and is practiced in a heated room of 100-104 degrees, high humidity. There are "hot" yoga classes that change the 26 postures up and change from class to class. Some are also practiced in heated rooms using electric heating...Bikram classes are taught by trained Bikram certificated instructors and I believe in order to get the full benefits of it one should take a Bikram class. If not, anyone can practice "hot" yoga in a room. My advice would be to check out where the instructor got their training and if it is the same sequence or differing by one or two poses from Bikram.
In the end it is up to you what you are looking for. A true Bikram class is truly rewarding and beneficial in more ways than one. Be ready for an intense class of focusing, and burning. It gets more intense with each class and is always a beginners class. All the asanas can be modified so that it can be beneficial to all ages and levels. Hope this helps!
YogaDancer
Posted 2004-01-27 6:34 PM (#3353 - in reply to #1986)
Subject: RE: Bikram vs. Hot Yoga??

It can be a little more simple than that:

You can't call yourself a Bikram studio unless you've 1) studied with Bikram and passed the test of repeating back the spiel in an acceptable manner and timed fashion, and 2) paid the franchise fee.

If you've not done either of those, it's Hot Yoga for you!

Christine
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)