YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone practice Kripalu?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Kripalu YogaMessage format

Angie
Posted 2002-11-05 9:48 PM (#1129)
Subject: Anyone practice Kripalu?

I took a 6 week Kripalu class over the summer and really enjoyed it. It was the first yoga class I ever took and since returning to college I am taking a Hatha Yoga class. I found the Hatha class to be more physically demanding than Kripalu. Both are beginners but the Kripalu class was more gentle and relaxing. Anyone have an intermediate Kripalu class? I was wondering if the intermediate class sounds similar to my Hatha class?

Namaste,
Angie
Top of the page Bottom of the page
cac
Posted 2004-01-19 3:11 PM (#3253 - in reply to #1129)
Subject: RE: Anyone practice Kripalu?

I agree with you Kripalu yoga is more gentle. I believe it's due to the meditative nature of the asanas --- being mindful of where the mind is, in balance or not. I enjoy the the fact that Kripalu is meditation in motion --- and the insights are as valuable as Vipassana meditation (Insight Meditation).
I'm in the middle of taking yoga training from a Kripalu yoga teacher. I ask her if I would be certified as a Kripalu teacher. She told me only Kripalu in Mass. can certify teachers,,, however the Hatha yoga certification can be of a Kripalu yoga (just not advertised as such).
So there are many Hatha yoga teachers with a Kripalu background. Just contact Kripalu and they will let you know in your area the teachers they have certified.
bounder
Posted 2007-11-03 3:45 PM (#99032 - in reply to #1129)

I've been taking Kripalu for 3 years. I just stumbled across it. It is definitely meditation in motion. Advanced classes are not really different than beginners and we are able to switch class times and go back and forth between levels...and we do. The advanced classes contain sometimes more difficult poses but it is always respect your body and do what you can. There is a lot of knowledge imparted and some "regular minded people" adjust quickly as you feel like you have been meditating for and hour and the relaxation is incredible. However, it might just be my incredible teacher.
tourist
Posted 2007-11-04 10:29 AM (#99049 - in reply to #99032)

Expert Yogi

Welcome Mary Ann! We have not had a regular Kripalu student here for awhile, I think. It would be great to have that perspective. Please feel free to join in any or all of the discussions
Sramani
Posted 2007-12-06 1:51 AM (#100430 - in reply to #1129)

My husband teaches Kripalu. It depends on the teacher and whether you are taking a gentle, moderate, or vigorous class. The vigoous classes that I have taken can be intense - not because they are fast paced and sweaty--actually they are slower paced and meditative--but they do tend to hold postures and that is where the intensity comes in. The gentle classes are deliciously relaxing, and the moderate is somewhere in between.

P/S I'm going to ask him to join this community.

Edited by Sramani 2007-12-06 1:53 AM
Pranayogi
Posted 2008-03-19 9:21 AM (#105204 - in reply to #1129)

Hi,
I am in a teacher training course in NYC that is very similar to Kripalu. It is Prana yoga- I have wonderful teachers- the best decision I have made in a long time.....
callofsedona
Posted 2014-03-04 7:36 AM (#211335 - in reply to #1129)
Subject: Re: Anyone practice Kripalu?

Veteran

Why don't you try Dahn Yoga Class.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)