YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

triangle jumps and floor stomps
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga for Stress ReliefMessage format

juanjuan075249
Posted 2016-01-06 9:15 PM (#215234)
Subject: triangle jumps and floor stomps

Veteran

to the unique playstyle, you could Old School RS Gold master it.In less successful Runescape games, having too much inertia in a platformer or imprecise hit boxes in a beat em up ruins an otherwise enjoyable experience. We see this comparison today, where Runescape games like Super Crate Box on iOS have simple controls left, right, jump, and shoot that at first feel imprecise, but have a quick learning curve, and ultimately inform better play.This works because the environments are static, single screen, and easy to navigate. You don't need to wall hop or do anything complex just jump, land on a platform that you know is always there, jump over an enemy, and shoot. On the other hand, there are Runescape games that try to be full on platform Runescape game experiences, with triangle jumps and floor stomps, and I've yet to see a one that didn't frustrate me into wishing I had an actual controller.The lesson here is to make sure your control method informs your design. The simple environments in Super Crate Box are a good example of this. With scrolling and complex jumps, the Runescape game just wouldn't work as well as it does. Another great example is Super Hexagon, which is a twitchy, hardcore Runescape game that only lets you rotate left or right. It's precise and accurate, meaning whenever you die, you know it's your fault.That old school feelingMore important than anything else is the old school vibe. It's hard to pinpoint what exactly triggers that particular feeling in a Runescape player, but there are some common threads in the more successful older Runescape games.Pattern learning through failure Most good vintage Runescape games show you how to succeed by showing you how you can fail. Missing jumps, knowing that spikes show up over red pits but not blue ones, realizing you can duck to escape enemy fire these were the teaching methods of old. And when you die, it's back to the start of the level with you. It might feel slightly unfair RS Gold the first time, but usually if you're quick enough, you can learn the pattern as it's happening
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)