YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

who had his left lower leg amputated
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga for Stress ReliefMessage format

ldh2013
Posted 2015-02-09 11:53 PM (#211899)
Subject: who had his left lower leg amputated

Regular

NEW ORLEANS -- Pelicans forward Ryan Anderson says doctors want him to rest for about two months before they determine whether he needs neck surgery to repair a herniated disk. Anderson said he is now nearly pain-free with the help of medication, and is optimistic about his long-term future in the NBA. However, he is unsure whether he will be able to play again this season, his sixth. "Obviously, I want to get back as soon as possible, but this is something that if I got hit again, it could be more than just career ending. I want to be careful about it," Anderson said, speaking publicly Monday night about his injury for the first time since it occurred in a collision with Bostons Gerald Wallace on Jan. 3. "Were going to find out pretty soon how its healing and depending on if its healing (on its own), then well just keep going with that. But if not, well do the surgery." Before his injury, the 6-foot-10 Anderson had been New Orleans leading scorer, averaging 19.8 points through 22 games. Anderson, 25, said doctors told him that if he needs surgery, the procedure would be similar to the one Peyton Manning had before the NFL quarterbacks prolific return to pro football two seasons ago. "Thats kind of the person they over and over talk about," Anderson said of Manning, who set single-season NFL records for yards passing and touchdowns in 2013 and will play in the AFC championship this Sunday. "Hes having a pretty good recovery, Id say." Anderson, who was taken off the court in traction after the injury, said he never lost feeling in any extremities, but initially had "terrible" nerve pain shooting from his elbows to his fingers, making it difficult to do something as simple as scratch his own nose. Anderson said he bears no ill will toward Wallace, who was running hard to cover Darius Miller when he collided with Anderson from behind, sending Anderson straight to the floor. "Hes a great guy," Anderson said. "He would never intentionally hurt somebody or me. It was a normal play in the game. He just got me in the right place." Anderson said he wont be travelling with the team in the near future but is looking forward to offering whatever leadership he can from the bench and locker room during home games, as he did Monday night against San Antonio. O.J. Mayo Authentic Jersey . "Its time that you look at it," chief prosecutor Gerrie Nel said, setting the stage for a rigorous first day of cross-examination of Pistorius, the double-amputee Olympian charged with premeditated murder for shooting Reeva Steenkamp three times through a toilet door at his home. Ray Allen Authentic Jersey . The Korea Football Association announced Thursday that Park Joo-ho will join the 23-man squad to replace the 21-year-old Kim, a Japan-based left back who has played nine internationals since Hong Myung-bo took over as head coach last year. http://www.nbabucksonline.com/Authentic-Larry-Sanders-Bucks-Jersey/ .J. -- A couple of comeback kids helped the New York Giants continue their winning streak. Khris Middleton Authentic Jersey . Louis Cardinals. J.J. Hardy hit two of the Orioles season-high six home runs, and Baltimore cruised to a 12-2 victory Friday night to move a season-high 17 games over .500. It was a rare blowout for the Orioles, who scored three runs or fewer in 11 of their 20 previous games and have played 63 games decided by one or two runs. Brandon Knight Jersey . The Denver Nuggets played as though they were already relaxing on a tropical beach. Love started practicing early for All-Star festivities, making six of 11 shots from 3-point range and totalling 32 points, 11 rebounds and eight assists to lead the Timberwolves to a 117-90 victory over the Nuggets on Wednesday night.FLACHAU, Austria -- Defending overall champion Ivica Kostelic used two error-free runs in heavy snowfall to win a night slalom Wednesday for his 20th career World Cup victory. The Croat led after the first run and finished in an aggregate time of one minute 48.94 seconds to beat second-place Andre Myhrer of Sweden by 0.07 seconds. Cristian Deville of Italy was another 0.02 behind in third. "Two days ago (after the slalom) in Alta Badia I was very disappointed to miss second place by just 0.17," Kostelic said. "But the wheel of fortune always keeps turning and today I was the lucky one. But I must also say that I had two good runs." Kostelic led Deville by 0.14 seconds and Myhrer by 0.35 going into the final run but lost time as the course was made more difficult by the increasing amount of ruts in the snow. "I did not know the times of the others when I started, I just focused on my on run," said Kostelic, who beat Deville for his first win of the season in Beaver Creek, Colo., earlier this month. Marcel Hirscher of Austria failed to finish his second run after straddling a gate but remained in the lead of the overall standings with 425 points. Norways Aksel Lund Svindal is second with 416 followed by American Ted Ligety with 385. Hirscher came a disappointing 13th in the opening run. "I cant explain this. For me, my run was good so I was surprised to see my time," Hirscher said. Ligety,, who came 10th in Alta Badia, Italy, two days ago, failed to qualify for the second run.dddddddddddd. The world GS champion made a mistake at the third gate and again lost speed at the bottom section to finish 2.55 seconds off the lead. World champion Jean-Baptiste Grange of France struggled in both runs and was 1.08 behind in seventh, and Olympic champion Giuliano Razzoli of Italy skied out after a few gates in his first run. Nolan Kasper, who took fourth in Beaver Creek, placed 26th, 3.43 behind Kostelic. "I made a few mistakes but ... its a pretty easy hill," the American said after his first run. "You have to be charging. There is a couple of break-downs, you got to be really careful what you are doing." Bode Miller skied out in a right turn early in his first run after hitting a gate with his left ski. Former World Cup skier Matthias Lanzinger, who had his left lower leg amputated after crashing in a super-G race in Kvitfjell, Norway, three years ago, was one of the forerunners. The 31-year-old Austrian returned to competitive skiing at the Europa Cup circuit for disabled athletes last month. The race replaced the slalom that was cancelled in Levi, Finland, in November and it was the first mens World Cup event since 2004 in Flachau, the hometown of retired great Hermann Maier. The mens World Cup will continue with the classic downhill on the Stelvio course in Bormio, Italy, on Dec. 29. cheap nfl jerseys cheap jerseys ' ' '
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)