YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

while the Canadiens scored seven straight
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga for Stress ReliefMessage format

ldh2013
Posted 2015-02-09 11:02 PM (#211898)
Subject: while the Canadiens scored seven straight

Regular

ST. LOUIS -- Sam Bradford showed improved zip on the ball during the St. Louis Rams fan fest scrimmage at the Edward Jones Dome. "You can see those balls were humming," coach Jeff Fisher said after Saturdays practice. Bradford seems to benefiting from improved upper-body strength. To keep the arm strong, coaches are monitoring Bradfords pitch count much as the St. Louis Cardinals would do for star pitcher Adam Wainwright. Both said theres no set limit, but that the information would help gauge progress and performance in training camp. "I think if it gets a little excessive over a couple-day range, we back it down, especially some of the deeper throws," Bradford said. That hasnt happened yet. "Im not going into detail, how many," Fisher said. "You can see how he did today, and those that have been to practice, you can see that hes not having any difficulty with the ball and the arm." Bradford focused on weight training for the upper body while rehabbing from surgery on his left knee that sidelined him the final nine games. Although hes wearing a brace, he has no concerns about the knee, either. "Coming into this camp, its probably the strongest Ive been from the waist up, and I think it probably has paid off a little bit," Bradford said. "I feel like I can make some of those throws that maybe were a little slower last year." The Rams began tracking Bradfords throws when Fisher arrived in 2012. Bradford said that definitely was not the case at Oklahoma. "In college they dont really care," Bradford said. "You throw like 500 balls a day and theyre like Youre good, just put some ice on it." Bradford may not play in the preseason opener next Friday night against the New Orleans Saints, but said it was "totally coachs call." "Obviously, Im going to be ready to go and if he tells me Im playing. Im going to be pumped to get back out on the field," Bradford added. "If he feels like its best to not go out there, I trust him and Ill be ready to go the following week." Wide receiver Stedman Bailey was perhaps the most impressive skill position player. Hes suspended for the first four regular-season games for violating the NFLs policy on performance-enhancing drugs, but the Rams think so highly of him that hes getting a lot of snaps with the first unit. "Its something that kills me every time I think about it," Bailey said. "But my job is to keep working hard, keep giving my all to the team. When I come back, just be looking for a show." Bradford said it was a "bummer" that Bailey wont be part of the offence when the season starts. Attendance was 15,723 for a workout that was the first time more than half of the roster was on the game field. "This is probably the most exciting day we have in training camp," Bradford said. "It breaks the routine. We get to leave Rams Park. We get to come to the Dome." Among the first-timers was rookie defensive back Maurice Alexander, a fourth-round pick. Alexander worked on the cleaning crew after games at the dome for a season after getting kicked off the team at Utah State. "Its the best feeling in the world," said Alexander, who is from St. Louis. "Its crazy, its amazing." Defensive tackle Michael Brockers left the session with what appeared to be a leg injury. Middle linebacker James Laurinaitis had a boot on his left foot from a practice injury two days earlier and guard Rodger Saffold was held out with a stinger. Players have the day off Sunday before resuming preparations for the preseason opener next Friday against the New Orleans Saints. St. Louis Rams E.J. Gaines Mens Home Jersey Game Nike NFL Navy Blue . No way, absolutely no way. If you do, where do you go from there? If you want to progress as a team and as a club you have no chance if you sell players like that. St. Louis Rams Davin Joseph Mens Home Jersey Game Nike NFL Navy Blue . According to a report from the Winnipeg Free Press, the Bombers will name Acting GM Kyle Walters to the post full time. http://www.shopramsusjersey.com/St-louis-rams-trumaine-johnson-youth-road-jersey-22-elite-nike-nfl-white-nike290493 . Brandon Triche added 16 points, seven rebounds and two steals for the Orange (17-0, 4-0 Big East), who started 18-0 last season before dropping their first game. C.J. Fair donated 13 points and eight boards for Syracuse, which got 12 points and seven assists from Dion Waiters. St. Louis Rams Throwback Kurt Warner Mens Alternate Jersey Authentic Mitchell And Ness NFL Royal Blue . The judges scored it 49-46, 49-46, 50-45 for Kennedy. Wrestling proved to be the difference with Kennedy taking Bisping down in the first, third and fifth rounds and keeping him there. The crowd at the Colisee Pepsi didnt like it and neither did Bisping, whose game is built on movement and technical striking. St. Louis Rams Johnny Hekker Youth Home Jersey Elite Nike NFL Navy Blue . The Montreal Canadiens goaltenders dogs Motty ("short for Mozart") and Duke got loose overnight. MONTREAL -- The Canadiens almost let it slip away. With a three-goal lead going into the final period on Saturday, Montreal conceded three straight goals to Detroit, including two in 36 seconds, but ultimately held on for the 5-3 victory. Pavel Datsyuk scored his 16th of the year at 5:11 on the power play, and Luke Glendening reduced the deficit again at 5:47 on a soft backhand shot that Carey Price got a piece of but couldnt keep out. Niklas Kronwall tied it up for Detroit midway through the third, beating Price with a rocket of a slap shot from the point, through traffic, on the man advantage. Instead of keeling over, however, the Canadiens answered Kronwalls game-tying goal with renewed energy. "At that point, you just reset, and go back to what made you successful in the first half of the game," said Montreal captain Brian Gionta. "You have to make sure you dont lose that momentum. Its much easier at home, when you have the crowd. You build some momentum off of them. You make a good play, and things start to snowball the right way again." With seven minutes remaining in a 3-3 game, Gionta helped right the ship. He was credited with his second goal of the evening when his shot, which was initially saved by Detroit netminder Jonas Gustavsson, bounced off defenceman Brian Lashoffs skate and into the net. Alex Galchenyuk added a fifth for the Canadiens two minutes later when a Tomas Plekanec shot deflected off his chest and past Gustavsson, who stopped 19 shots in the loss. "Thats proof that theres a lot of character on this team," said forward Michael Bournival. "Weve done this a few times this year. Even if we concede three straight goals, were able to bounce back. We knew the Red Wings never give up. They had us on our heels to start the third, but we got back on our feet." The red-hot Canadiens (45-27-7) are now 10-2-0 in their last 12 games. With the victory, Montreal remains in second place in the Atlantic, four points clear of division-rivals Tampa Bay, which lost on Saturday. The Habs play three more times - against the Blackhawks, Islanders and Rangers - before the start of their first-round playoff series. Montreal got a goal from each of its four lines against the Red Wings (37-27-14). "We need that depth in scoring," said Gionta. "Thats going to help us down the stretch. We cant just rely on one line. Were a much deeper team now." Fourth-liner Bournival scored the first for the Canadiens, his seventh of the year and first in 37 games, at 14:16 of the first period.dddddddddddd The rookie got the play going, intercepting the puck in the neutral zone before feeding Ryan White at the blue-line. White held off defenceman Kyle Quincey and took a weak backhand shot on Gustavsson, who kicked the puck straight to a wide-open Bournival. "Thats Ryan Whites goal," said Bournival. "He charged the net. He made all the effort. I just had an open net. It felt good. But all the credit goes to Ryan." Max Pacioretty made it 2-0 on a great individual effort at 8:52 of the second, going around Kronwall with speed at the Canadiens blue-line to generate a breakaway. Pacioretty fended off a diving Lashoff before beating Gustavsson blocker-side for his ninth goal in his last eight games. With his 39th goal, Pacioretty moved into a tie with Joe Pavelski of the San Jose Sharks for third in NHL scoring. Gionta got in on the action five minutes later, scoring his first of the night after a set play off the end boards landed perfectly on his stick, unmarked in front of the net. The goal was Montreals second in the period on only their third shot. Montreals victory snapped Detroits four-game winning streak. The Red Wings, with 88 points, are holding on to the first of two wild card spots in the East. "We have to be better than we were tonight," said Wings coach Mike Babcock. "Weve been on a good run here where we play hard. I didnt think there was a problem with our energy or our commitment to working hard tonight. We didnt execute well enough with the puck." The Red Wings outshot the Canadiens 37-26, including 15-4 in the second period. But they were repeatedly frustrated by Price, who made 34 saves on the night. "Lets face it. We had the puck a lot, and we didnt find a way to win, thats all," added Babcock. "When youre tied in the third, you need to find a way to win, and we couldnt do that." Both Montreal and Detroit were coming off wins on Friday. The Red Wings scored three times in the first period to beat the Buffalo Sabres 3-2, while the Canadiens scored seven straight to down the Ottawa Senators 7-4. Both Price and Gustavsson had the night off on Friday. Notes: The game was Giontas 300th with Montreala Forwards Brandon Prust (upper body), Travis Moen (concussion) and Dale Weise (upper body) did not dressa Defenceman Douglas Murray served his second of a three-game suspension for his elbow to the head of Tampa Bays Mike Kostkaa The Red Wings are seeking a 23rd consecutive playoff appearance. cheap nfl jerseys cheap jerseys ' ' '
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)