YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can yoga help me with my injuries?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Fitness -> Injuries and rehabMessage format

grd93
Posted 2011-12-01 12:02 AM (#209530)
Subject: Can yoga help me with my injuries?

New User

Hello yoga forum, Im new to this yoga world and I have some question for experts like you guys. Im a male 18 years old, who loves sports and to be active. Since I was a child Ive always been playing soccer and thats what I love the most. But unfortunetely, in the last years many issues have been occuring and my body seems to be in constant pain. Ive neven been a flexible person, but lately it seems this has been playing some bad tricks on me. About 2 years ago i began to practice track and field, and since that time my muscles are in constant pain, specially with sciatica and groin pains. As I noticed all that I decided to stop practicing that sport and try to became the person I was before. But that didnt occured. In the last months, pain in my lower back, groins and sometimes in the butt are always present. Lower back and butt pain is mostly when Im sitting, while groin pain is always present after soccer games. Other importatn thing is that with school and other stuff I spend many time sitting in the computer, and Im a person that stresses a lot. Can yoga help me? Im planning to enter a yoga class near my home, but before that I wanna know if yoga can really help me to be more flexible, and in consequence to end with the pain in my groins, if it can also help with the back pain, and in how much time can I start to see and feel the results. How many classes a week would you recommend me? Thanks guys for reading this long post, and Ill really appreciate your help, Im desperate
Thanks a lot!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
prop_comic
Posted 2011-12-02 9:24 PM (#209537 - in reply to #209530)
Subject: Re: Can yoga help me with my injuries?

New User

Hey Guy.

Yeah, yoga can help you.
It's not a magic bullet, but with time and practice you can undo the imbalances caused by years of sports.
Where are you located? It's important to find a suitable class/teacher that can address your specific issues/imbalances.

I went through the same thing in my early 20's. Slow, methodical practice helped to put my body back together, while faster practices tore my body up more. It took me two or three years to be pain free, but you stand to feel some relief almost immediately. .
I would recommend two or three classes a week along with work done on your own at least another two or three days a week. Study as much as you can from as many sources as possible. Establishing a personal practice and developing the insight to penetrate and parse your inner body is the key to recovery.

Good luck. If you tell us where you live we can probably give you recommendations.
ilchileesedona
Posted 2014-05-22 10:44 PM (#211525 - in reply to #209530)
Subject: Re: Can yoga help me with my injuries?

Veteran

Yes it can but it takes time.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)