YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New yoga teacher - wondering how long it takes....
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

dana
Posted 2011-10-21 4:37 PM (#209387)
Subject: New yoga teacher - wondering how long it takes....

New User

Hello,

I get my yoga teacher certification next month and I cannot wait to start teaching yoga! However, my husband says I can't quit my horrible finance job until I have 5 steady classes I'm teaching per week.

My question is, how soon do you think that goal is achievable? I live in Southern California (OC) where yoga is pretty popular. I'm open to teaching pretty much anywhere, and I plan on marketing myself aggressively. Do you think I could pretty easily get 5 classes per week in a short period of time (like, within a few weeks?). I just want to know approximately how much longer I should plan on suffering in my horrible finance job haha.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jpg
Posted 2011-10-24 1:27 PM (#209393 - in reply to #209387)
Subject: RE: New yoga teacher - wondering how long it takes....

Your goal is achievable. How long it will take is not something that you can know. It could take weeks or it could take years depending on a lot of factors. Don't wait for X to happen before you start enjoying your life. There will always be another X. Find joy in everything that you do right now (including your finance job). That will not only make you happy right now, it will also speed up your yoga teaching career as it will be obvoius to others and they will want you as their teacher.

Anyone can be happy doing fun things. Learning to enjoy everything is an art and it is a sound basis for being a yoga teacher.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)