YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

100 Ways to a Stress free Life
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

scottaleger
Posted 2011-09-27 7:46 AM (#209287)
Subject: 100 Ways to a Stress free Life

Do you cherish every moment you live?
Can you feel every breath you breathe?
Don’t you think it’s your birthright to live your life in your own way?

Realize your dreams, realize yourself. Feel the magic of success, feel God within yourself.

Here are the fantastic 100 Ways to a Stress free Life : Book - 100 Ways to a Stress free Life G Gaynor McTigue

100 Ways to A Stress Free Life gives you 100 put-it-right-to-work strategies for untangling the chaos of our high-pressured culture and puts you on track to a saner, simpler, more enjoyable existence. You'll find practical tips and advice for uncomplicating your home life, work, recreation, parenting, entertaining, finances, health, fitness, emotional well-being, community activities, shopping, travel, and much more.

Enjoy this book and just go riding and hopping around the journey of life- the best gift ever gifted by God. To lose a single moment is going to be an irreparable loss. Wish you all success in your life ahead. Make it precious.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
JoeDRL
Posted 2011-09-27 1:52 PM (#209290 - in reply to #209287)
Subject: Re: 100 Ways to a Stress free Life

New User

Thank you for this link, I will take a look at it tonight!
alvinsmith
Posted 2011-10-11 7:13 AM (#209339 - in reply to #209287)

The most common technique to learn how to meditate properly for beginners is the focused breathing method. The practitioners are seated or lying comfortably while focusing on the sound of his breath. Eyes should be closed and focus your attention to the sound of your breathing. It is important in learning how to meditate properly to clear your mind of any thoughts and worries. Try hard to set every single thought aside and focus on your breathing. As your conscious mind begins to let go, you will feel your body slowly relaxing.

redemption
Posted 2011-10-12 4:27 AM (#209349 - in reply to #209339)

alvinsmith - 2011-10-11 7:13 AM

The most common technique to learn how to meditate properly for beginners is the focused breathing method. The practitioners are seated or lying comfortably while focusing on the sound of his breath. Eyes should be closed and focus your attention to the sound of your breathing. It is important in learning how to meditate properly to clear your mind of any thoughts and worries. Try hard to set every single thought aside and focus on your breathing. As your conscious mind begins to let go, you will feel your body slowly relaxing.

I also agree with this. I found it hard to focus on my breathing at the beginning. I relied both on music and breath. After a while, my awareness kicked in and I could easily focus on the breath.

The other technique I use is counting sounds. I meditate with my eyes partially closed and count all the different sounds I can hear. I do not label them as "car", "laundry machine" etc... just different sounds that hit my ear drum.
robinbuckley
Posted 2011-12-15 2:51 AM (#209604 - in reply to #209287)

New User

Counting sounds is an interesting idea. I think I will try that.
Thanks Redemption
alvinsmith
Posted 2011-12-16 5:06 AM (#209621 - in reply to #209349)

redemption - 2011-10-12 4:27 AM

alvinsmith - 2011-10-11 7:13 AM

I also agree with this. I found it hard to focus on my breathing at the beginning. I relied both on music and breath. After a while, my awareness kicked in and I could easily focus on the breath.

The other technique I use is counting sounds. I meditate with my eyes partially closed and count all the different sounds I can hear. I do not label them as "car", "laundry machine" etc... just different sounds that hit my ear drum.

Thanks for your complement, in addition to that. Meditation has been exercised and performed ritually in India and in other parts of the world for centuries. Health experts have proven its amazing benefits to the human body, mind, and soul. It is one of the most efficient ways to relieve stress, regularize a person’s breathing pattern, and achieve inner peace. But what’s most important in learning how to meditate properly is its ability to train a person on focus and concentration.
ilchileesedona
Posted 2014-01-30 1:46 AM (#211311 - in reply to #209287)

Veteran

Thanks for the share...keep it up buddy...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)