YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

safe to practice on your own?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Kundalini YogaMessage format

Susan
Posted 2011-07-31 10:49 AM (#209002)
Subject: safe to practice on your own?

I attended a kundalini workshop several years ago an it was an awesome experiance. I have been afraid to practice on my own too much however because people say raising the kundalini wrong can really mess yourhead up and there are all these horror stories. Is it safe to practice on your own? Or are the myths true? Or is it really just another form of yoga that has a stigma attathed to it?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
jpg
Posted 2011-08-01 12:26 PM (#209004 - in reply to #209002)
Subject: RE: safe to practice on your own?

Susan,
Since Kundalini exists only in your head, in your imagination, once you get more and more into it, it can lead to a disassociation with reality. There are no secret, magic practices. Caveat emptor!
Namaste,
Jim

Susan
Posted 2011-08-01 5:46 PM (#209011 - in reply to #209002)
Subject: Re: safe to practice on your own?

The closest yoga studio to me is an hour away and they practice Iyvengar (spelling) at that studio but I prefer vinyasa and astanga. I was lucky to get this kundalini workshop, because you can't find it here. So I have always practiced on my own, and have taken classes on occaission when available, but out here yoga is not something that is practiced alot. At the kundalini workshop I bought some books with the practices that we practiced and was told I could practice on my own with no problem, but then I started hearing all these things about it that was really wierd. Disassociation was one of them like was mentioned by jpq. I had never heard anything like this so never had a chance to ask the insturctors about the myths of this form.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)