YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some help about meditaion??
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

soika
Posted 2011-07-24 9:50 AM (#208955)
Subject: Some help about meditaion??

New User

hello
iv start to meditate watching the breath as part of vipassana meditation and mindfulness for about a month(i am not new to spirtuality)
but i noticed that During the day i aware of the breath almost all day and that make all kind of Uncomfortable sensation in my all body and in my Stomach
it look like the breath take a big part of my daily routin as i aware almost all day and have felling like control the breath stress it the Stomach,Weakness and so on,i would like to know if its normal and if its becouse of the awarenss of the breath
what should i do about it should i just keep practicing? is it normal?

thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
JoeDRL
Posted 2011-09-27 2:01 PM (#209291 - in reply to #208955)
Subject: Re: Some help about meditaion??

New User

I think you are getting aware of how your mind imposes stress on your body which translates to physical pain. Continue to be aware, aware of these feelings and eventually they will go away.

Remember, don't fight, let go.
redemption
Posted 2011-10-13 8:06 PM (#209361 - in reply to #208955)
Subject: RE: Some help about meditaion??

soika - 2011-07-24 9:50 AM

hello
iv start to meditate watching the breath as part of vipassana meditation and mindfulness for about a month(i am not new to spirtuality)
but i noticed that During the day i aware of the breath almost all day and that make all kind of Uncomfortable sensation in my all body and in my Stomach
it look like the breath take a big part of my daily routin as i aware almost all day and have felling like control the breath stress it the Stomach,Weakness and so on,i would like to know if its normal and if its becouse of the awarenss of the breath

thanks

It's a bit hard to understand the statement but what I can gather is that you are feeling uncomfortable.

Is the uncomfortable sensation a physical pain in your abdomen or a mental one?

If you are new to meditating then it could very well be a mental because you are doing something that is very different. You could feel awkward about meditating or the technique you are trying. Your mind could also be placing judgement on the meditation techniques that you are using.

Have you reflected deeper on this "uncomfortable" sensation?
alvinsmith
Posted 2011-12-16 5:19 AM (#209625 - in reply to #208955)
Subject: RE: Some help about meditaion??

soika - 2011-07-24 9:50 AM

hello

thanks

You should have to Calm Your Mind. This is the most difficult part of learning how to meditate properly. The mind is used to continually receive and process information. When your mind is completely quiet, you’ll begin to look into your soul and discover your true self. This is a form of expanding your consciousness. Try to Relax. It is important that you switch off from all thoughts when you are meditating. As you sit down and start meditating, remind yourself that you will not think about anything for the next few minutes. Relax your muscles slowly. Imagine your body tension slowly draining away.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)