YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Low carb diet.
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

jaybird123
Posted 2011-03-12 1:22 PM (#204367)
Subject: Low carb diet.

Regular

I started a low carb diet about a month ago and i've been happy with the results. I've been eathing lots of vegetables, protein and legumes. Has anybody had experience with maintaining a regular practice with this type of diet? Just curious; i've been away from the practice for about 5 months and intend to start back up soon.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Andre
Posted 2011-03-14 2:52 PM (#206150 - in reply to #204367)
Subject: Re: Low carb diet.

Extreme Veteran

Boy, when I reduce the carbs and do Bikrams, I really slim down. However, when I was going 3-5 times a week, I didn't really need to worry about my carb intake, and, I think I needed it my diet. For whatever the reason, when I'm going that often, it's much easier to limit my portions, which is usually the key regardless of which diet one is doing.
jaybird123
Posted 2011-03-19 12:02 AM (#207933 - in reply to #206150)

Regular

Andre - 2011-03-14 2:52 PM

Boy, when I reduce the carbs and do Bikrams, I really slim down. However, when I was going 3-5 times a week, I didn't really need to worry about my carb intake, and, I think I needed it my diet. For whatever the reason, when I'm going that often, it's much easier to limit my portions, which is usually the key regardless of which diet one is doing.

Ok, Maybe it has been longer than five months since i've had a regular practice. More than 3 times per week and the diet does take care of itself. You are right.
StudioLiveTV
Posted 2011-04-18 3:11 PM (#208175 - in reply to #204367)

I always try to stay away from complex carbs and anything processed. I have found though, that when I don't eat enough "good" carbs, in such foods as lentils, beans, brown rice, yams...etc., that my muscles don't recuperate very well. I'm not a nutritionist, so I don't understand the science behind it all. But it seems like eating just protein, fruits and vegetables doesn't seem to give my body enough.
jaybird123
Posted 2011-05-01 7:37 PM (#208258 - in reply to #208175)

Regular

StudioLiveTV - 2011-04-18 3:11 PM

I always try to stay away from complex carbs and anything processed. I have found though, that when I don't eat enough "good" carbs, in such foods as lentils, beans, brown rice, yams...etc., that my muscles don't recuperate very well. I'm not a nutritionist, so I don't understand the science behind it all. But it seems like eating just protein, fruits and vegetables doesn't seem to give my body enough.

I just did 9 days in a row on it. Now that i'm getting adequate protein, my muscles do recover quickly, day to day (strength). I don't have the energy I used to during class, but that seems to be getting better with each succeeding class. Not fun, but doable.

callofsedona
Posted 2014-01-14 10:28 PM (#211281 - in reply to #204367)

Veteran

Nutritionists agree that most people crave carbohydrates, and if you cut them out of your diet, you'll only crave them more.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)