YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Teacher Training
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

Muse1128
Posted 2006-03-11 11:33 AM (#46423)
Subject: Teacher Training

Hi all, I'm new to these boards. I was wondering if anyone had ever heard anything about CorePower Yoga in Colorado. They have a one week intensive training program, and I am interested in becoming a yoga teacher. I don't have the time for a one month intensive, and there arent any school located close to home for the programs that take a couple years. I'm just looking for feedback, or if any of you could share your experiences in teacher training, that would be great.
Thanks!

Dawn

~Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it. - Confucius~
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2006-03-11 5:22 PM (#46431 - in reply to #46423)
Subject: RE: Teacher Training

Expert Yogi

Hi Dawn and welcome - I know nothing about Core Power yoga, although a quick peek at their web site seems like it is a really big chain (for better or worse, I don't know). I do know that one week, no matter how intensive, is not nearly enough to become a safe, qualified yoga teacher. Do you practice yoga now? What style? Do you have a teacher? I would highly recommend asking your current teacher (or finding one if you don't have one) about their training and see if it is right for you. A close mentorship is a really good way to learn to teach. There are also plenty of discussions here about training so do poke around the boards - you'll find lots to read!
Muse1128
Posted 2006-03-12 11:11 AM (#46450 - in reply to #46431)

Thanks Tourist!

I practice Ashtanga yoga at home, i dont have a teacher at the moment. I would love to do a month long intensive, but I just dont have the time. I am in school right now, and over the summer I try to work as much as I can. My other option is to take classes in NYC (i live on long island when im not in school), but the tuition in addition to train tickets/gas money would come out pretty expensive. Thank you for your help, and I'll make sure to keep searching the rest of the boards for more info.

Dawn

~Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it. - Confucius ~
Mitch
Posted 2006-03-13 3:25 PM (#46518 - in reply to #46423)

Welcome Dawn,

Not to come off as the Ashtanga police, but if you practice Ashtanga, why would you want to learn to teach power yoga? I would think that you'd want to teach what you know.

Posted 2006-03-13 4:17 PM (#46521 - in reply to #46423)

it may nto be the right time for you to get your teacher training. when the time is right, everything will fall into place.

that being said, there are lots of yoga teachers on long island, as well as yoga studios, and i'm sure that you could find a local program near you--not just in NYC. you'll just have to look harder and see what you can find.
mishoga
Posted 2006-03-13 4:52 PM (#46530 - in reply to #46423)

Expert Yogi

Astanga and Power are taught out in the Hamptons and Rahini is in Setauket and White Plains. There are many teacher trainings throughout Long Island. Just research it.

BTW, the power yoga in the hamptons is with Baron Baptiste.

ECA is having a fitness convention this weekend at the Sheraton in Manhattan. Lots of starter training courses plus lots of info avail. you can go for the day as a walk in and get info and make contacts.

Mish

Edited by mishoga 2006-03-13 4:53 PM
Muse1128
Posted 2006-03-13 7:29 PM (#46547 - in reply to #46530)

Thanks so much everyone! Everyones information was VERY helpful!

Dawn

~Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it. - Confucius~
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)