YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

hot yoga teacher training
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

tedgrand
Posted 2005-02-28 9:57 AM (#17926)
Subject: hot yoga teacher training

Hi there,
I was told that someone was asking about the Moksha Yoga Teacher Training program that we offer each year. Basically, what we have done is matched and exceeded all Yoga Alliance standards by getting the best teachers here for Anatomy, History and Philosophy, Functional Anatomy, Meditation, Preventing Yoga Injuries, Teaching Methodology, and Teaching Theory. It consists of a 1-month intensive followed by 11 months of monthly projects that centre around the foundations of traditional yoga. One month would be volunteer teaching a few classes in a homeless shelter, while another month would be practice teaching on friends, family and co-workers. The cost is the cheapest available for what is offered, at $3,600 Canadian ($2,930 US). You are qualified to teach yoga anywhere you want after the 1-month intensive, and you are able to open your own Moksha Yoga studio after the 1-year program is complete.
The 1-month intensive includes a weekend retreat at Canada's most exclusive retreat area, Lake Muskoka, where there is canoeing, sailing, water-skiing and hiking.
We encourage people to come just to deepen their practice, or to explore the amazing possibilities of teaching Moksha Yoga. Moksha Yoga is typified by a very strong focus on alignment and mindful movement in and out of poses, as well as our very high standards for studio hygeine and environmental design. Check out www.mokshayoga.ca (not .com) for more information about what we do.
Just so you know, there are already 9 Moksha Yoga studios (former Bikram Yoga studios) across Canada, and we will be offereing it in Taiwan, London England, and Hong Kong in the next few months. We are also talking with several other Bikram Yoga studios about them transitioning over to Moksha Yoga.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at ted@mokshayoga.ca
By the way, I was reading a few of the posts, and I love what you guys are doing here. It is apparent that you all care about the yoga quite a bit, and that is awesome!
Peace,
ted.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tedgrand
Posted 2005-02-28 10:01 AM (#17927 - in reply to #17926)
Subject: RE: hot yoga teacher training

Or if you would rather talk in person, call us at 416-778-9898
ted.
davis
Posted 2005-03-06 6:50 PM (#18359 - in reply to #17926)

Hi there Ted,
Thanks for your posting, as it helps me a lot. By the way, I love the Moksha Yoga website - it is very classy!
I just have two quick questions for you:
1) There are no mentions of the Moksha Yoga series of poses, and I wanted to get a better of idea of what it is I will be learning if I take the teacher training
2) How many people do you accept for the teacher training?
Thank you for your time!
D.
tedgrand
Posted 2005-03-09 1:17 PM (#18581 - in reply to #17926)

Hey there Davis,
Thanks for the reply. The Moksha Yoga series of poses is bases on sequencing principles that I learned through studying a Traditional Yoga Teacher Training with Georg Feuerstein, and a teacher training I did in Pune, India, that involves Yoga Therapy. There is a good degree of focus on balancing, strengthening and flexibility, with some extra emphasis on hip opening poses, upper body strengthening, and abdominal strengthening as well.
You will find it an easy transition from Bikram Yoga, as most of our teachers come from a Bikram background. In fact, I have been contacted by several Bikram studios about transferring their studios from Bikram to Moksha. It seems that our community offers something that many have been looking for.
As for your second question, we have a cap on our training of 35 people, which allows for a lot of individual attention and encourages active participation. We have 2 main teachers at the training besides myself, and we have specialized teachers for anatomy, meditation, public speaking, functional anatomy, and yoga philosophy.
For more information, check out the Moksha Yoga Teacher Training application at www.mokshayoga.ca, or call Moksha Yoga at 416-778-9898
Peace,
ted.
Naju
Posted 2005-03-18 9:29 AM (#19431 - in reply to #18581)

I am currently a bikram student - interested in learning about Moksha - can't open your website www.mokshayoga.ca. Is there something wrong with the site? Also, just curious, has Bikram not come after you yet? Also, how often do you have teacher training in Ontario? Thanks.

It's OK - just opened it - I didn't have Flash insalled - but all's well now!

Edited by Naju 2005-03-18 9:33 AM
tedgrand
Posted 2005-03-24 1:34 PM (#19965 - in reply to #17926)

Hi there Naju,
We offer the Moksha Yoga Teacher Training once a year in Toronto, Canada. We have one coming up a few months from now, and we are already 1/3 full.
As for Bikram coming after us, we have not heard a word from him. Though I am grateful to Bikram for what I learned at that time in my life, we have diverted pretty far away from his world and have created quite a distinct and unique community. For example, all Moksha Yoga studios offer what are called "Karma Classes", where the class is by donation only and 100% of the money goes to local charities. Between all of the Moksha studios, we have probably raised over $50,000 for homeless shelters, rape crisis centres, and foundations for terminally ill kids. Also, all Moksha studios are designed and run with the highest environmental principles in mind.
It was challenging for many of us to stay in the Bikram world, and thus we created a community with our highest ideals in mind. This is what worked for us - it does not make it better or worse -simply different. Ultimately, I believe that Bikram and all of us in the Moksha Yoga world have the same dream - that everyone finds a calm mind, a fit body and an inspired life.
If you have any questions about the teacher training, I will be happy to help you out.
Peace,
ted.
Naju
Posted 2005-03-24 2:00 PM (#19967 - in reply to #17926)

Thanks for your response Ted. I will be trying a Moksha class once I have used up my Bikram fee. Then I'll decide what to do. Have a good day.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)