YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

weird Bikram effect
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

bomberpig
Posted 2004-09-10 6:19 AM (#9788)
Subject: weird Bikram effect

I know I am sounding like a real hypocrite. I don't agree that Bikram's method is yoga, to me it is a gym class. Yet I go back when I can afford to ( time and money ). Why ? Well I did a bushwalk with a rather fit friend one day, which involve a lot of up and down hill, climbing up and down rocks. I nearly died and I was moaning to my friend the whole time and we took 4 hours to do the walk. Well we did the walk again about 3 weeks after that because it really was quite scenic, going from seaside then over hills to a waterfall, and I didn't feel puffed at all, my friend was surprised how fast I was going, and we did the walk in 3 1/12 hours. The only thing different I did in those 3 weeks were 5 Bikram classes. So that's why I am still going back to Bikrams, there might be something in this afterall. Prior to this I try to go to the gym every 2 - 3 days, and am doing astanga twice a week.

Has anyone had similar experience after Bikram's ?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
My Cats' Mom
Posted 2004-09-10 7:01 AM (#9789 - in reply to #9788)
Subject: RE: weird Bikram effect

Yep -- I think I posted earlier on this. Went hiking in the Alps after doing nothing but Bikram for 3 months and had great lung capacity.
bomberpig
Posted 2004-09-10 7:06 AM (#9790 - in reply to #9788)

Sorry must have missed your post. Glad you had the same experience.
seandre
Posted 2005-05-06 4:42 PM (#23666 - in reply to #9790)

The Bikram style of Yoga work.
Cyndi
Posted 2005-05-06 8:21 PM (#23681 - in reply to #23666)

Expert Yogi

Ditto for me too!! I hiked a very steep mountain a couple of weeks ago that normally kicked my butt for a couple of days...like sore legs, numbness and basically just wiped! Doing Bikram has certainly made a huge difference, like also the amount of time it takes me and my legs feel like cotton balls, its incredible. I plan on trekking in Nepal in a couple of years because I want to go to base camp at Mt. Everest...I KNOW I can do it now and not have all the lung problems like most people do. Cause after that, I'm going to Lhasa, Tibet and plan on doing some major trekking once I get there!
gainup
Posted 2005-05-09 4:12 PM (#23777 - in reply to #9788)

I have felt the same thing. I've been doing Bikram for about 8 months now. My very bad knees are much stronger than ever before. I went mountain biking yesterday and hardly felt fatigue. The steep hills that usually kick my butt were almost effortless. I really think doing Bikram has made me stronger in my lung capacity and my muscles.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)