YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

nixon
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

ebenjen
Posted 2005-04-13 10:31 AM (#21815 - in reply to #21780)
Subject: RE: nixon

Bay Guy - 2005-04-12 10:06 PM

prove me wrong instead...

I pulled out those four words from Bay Guy's post but this reply is really meant as a general observation about this forum (and these passionate "debates"). I'll also give Bay Guy the benefit of the doubt and assume he was half-joking. Still, the phrase highlights something that is probably obvious but I feel compelled to mention: almost everything in this thread is pure conjecture, speculation and/or opinion and yet that doesn't hold most people back from asserting their beliefs as authoritative.

I don't doubt that Bikram, in some way, helped Nixon with his phlebitis. Can I prove it? No and I'm not interested enough to try. Does the lack of hard evidence disprove it? Certainly not. If it's really important to you then I suggest you invest your energy in some hard research.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Bay Guy
Posted 2005-04-13 10:50 AM (#21821 - in reply to #21815)

Expert Yogi

ebenjen - 2005-04-13 10:31 AM

Bay Guy - 2005-04-12 10:06 PM

prove me wrong instead...

I pulled out those four words from Bay Guy's post but this reply is really meant as a general observation about this forum (and these passionate "debates"). I'll also give Bay Guy the benefit of the doubt and assume he was half-joking. Still, the phrase highlights something that is probably obvious but I feel compelled to mention: almost everything in this thread is pure conjecture, speculation and/or opinion and yet that doesn't hold most people back from asserting their beliefs as authoritative.

Shall we at least keep the sentence intact? I was referring to my understanding
of Federal Law:

To the best of my knowledge, immigration is governed by
laws that Congress makes, and the Executive Branch can't bypass those laws.
I very much doubt that there's a special category of "immigration by favor of
the President" (although I will confess to being too lazy to look this up...prove
me wrong instead...).

That hardly reads as an assertion of "authoritative" evidence!!
Cyndi
Posted 2005-04-13 11:24 AM (#21824 - in reply to #21803)

Expert Yogi

miss dee - 2005-04-13 8:45 AM

I teach bikram yoga/hot yoga because I am able to separate the man from the practice.
something you obviously can not do.

okay, call me a Crazy American- but it'll be a cold day in my studio before I declare loyality to a living teacher not having heard anything from the horses mouth. you talk about and defend the man as if you are deep in the 'wash' and you've never even been in his presence? you are this loyal with only second hand information? as bad as a beating he takes in the press, one would think you'd want to get in there and see the TRUTH for your self. and the books? there's been one. published twice.

for the record-my acupuncturist always writes stuff down...BECAUSE my body is constantly changing. no one remembers everything about everyone. even if they are NOT stupid Americans! (I agree that all your America bashing ought to stop)

it's good to know - (though it's becoming more obvious) that all your vast experience typing and picking up dry-cleaning are the basis of your knowledge. it helps not take your posts too seriously.

LaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLa I'm not listening to this LaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLa LaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLa I'm not listening to this LaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLa I'm not listening to this LaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLaLa
yogabrian
Posted 2005-04-13 11:58 AM (#21826 - in reply to #21096)

ebenjen,

I protest! I believe that I have provided rather convincing evidence to dispute Bikrams claim that he treated Nixon. If the president worked with Bikram there would be some kind of paper trail or evidence that he did. Nearly every moment of a sitting presidents day is recorded by the secret service. If anybody would know if Bikram did in fact work with Nixon it would be the Nixon library. They say it never happened. Now, if you have evidence to prove otherwise, please provide it. Perhaps, photo of Bikram and Nixon, or verifable documentation?

Posted 2005-04-13 12:25 PM (#21832 - in reply to #21826)

I found photographic evidence of the Nixon/Bikram connection!

(Bik & Nix.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Bik & Nix.jpg (21KB - 61 downloads)
miss dee
Posted 2005-04-13 12:32 PM (#21834 - in reply to #21832)

bruce...
forgive me.
clearly Nixon's yoga is quite good.

but i think B's head should be biggest!

LOL!

dee
Gracie
Posted 2005-04-13 2:01 PM (#21839 - in reply to #21096)

Bruce - that was a good one. Thanks for the laugh
ebenjen
Posted 2005-04-13 2:53 PM (#21841 - in reply to #21821)

Bay Guy - 2005-04-13 10:50 AM

Shall we at least keep the sentence intact? I was referring to my understanding
of Federal Law

I will concede that the brief quote was not used well with the point I wa strying to make. Sorry about that.

Bay Guy
Posted 2005-04-13 3:06 PM (#21843 - in reply to #21841)

Expert Yogi

Thanks, Ebenjen.
ebenjen
Posted 2005-04-13 3:26 PM (#21845 - in reply to #21826)

yogabrian - 2005-04-13 11:58 AM

I protest! I believe that I have provided rather convincing evidence to dispute Bikrams claim that he treated Nixon. If the president worked with Bikram there would be some kind of paper trail or evidence that he did. Nearly every moment of a sitting presidents day is recorded by the secret service. If anybody would know if Bikram did in fact work with Nixon it would be the Nixon library. They say it never happened. Now, if you have evidence to prove otherwise, please provide it. Perhaps, photo of Bikram and Nixon, or verifable documentation?

All you've shown is that it would be a logical deduction to presume the meeting did not take place in the absence of evidence from the most likely source. They did not "say it never happened". I'll repeat the text here so that you can see that all they are saying is that they show no record of it happening and that they have no knowledge of it happening.

Dear Mr. Monnier: I am replying to your inquiry about whether Bikram Choudhury treated President Nixon for his phlebitis condition. We've checked our archives and found nothing on file to confirm Mr. Choudhury's treatment such as correspondence, invoices or payment checks. Also, there is no mention of Mr. Choudhury in Healing Richard Nixon, the autobiography by the President's personal physician, Dr. John C. Lungren, which describes the treatment of the President's phlebitis in considerable detail. I hope this is helpful. Sincerely, John Taylor, director, Nixon Library

Even if Dr. John C. Lundgren were to be contacted and proclaim no knowledge of the incident all that would do is add further evidence to suggest that it is *unlikely* to have occurred. It is very difficult to prove an absence of occurrence. I don't find it hard to believe that someone as powerful as the POTUS would have the ability to consult an "alternative" healer on the sly, especially considering that, if it did happen, it would have been more than 30 years ago when our culture would have been even less accepting of such a thing than today.

I'm not suggesting that I *know* what, if anything happened in this case but during my training I heard Bikram tell a number of stories that sounded outlandish, not a few of which included famous personalities. I also, at different times, saw a few of those faces show up in his studio calling him, "boss," causing me to let go of some of my skepticism.

Finally, I don't think this is a very important issue -- I think I'm mostly commenting on what I see as a difference in *knowing* something and *believing* something. I see them as separate states of mind.

JackieCat
Posted 2005-04-13 3:46 PM (#21847 - in reply to #21096)

Extreme Veteran

Bruce-

You rock!
innerline
Posted 2005-04-13 4:28 PM (#21853 - in reply to #21096)

Have any of you hear the Bikram/Elvis story. Well, a week before Elvis died , Bikram was called in to Vegas and met Elvis to save him. When Bikram got their he said that Elvis was gone already and all that was left was a fat stinky body. And he died a week later. Anyone, Anyone? I got more. Is there a Elvis Library?

Posted 2005-04-13 5:08 PM (#21856 - in reply to #21853)

I do know that the Bikram dude was spotted trying to raise Elvis from the dead...

(Bik Elvis.gif)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Bik Elvis.gif (87KB - 130 downloads)
yogabrian
Posted 2005-04-13 6:05 PM (#21867 - in reply to #21096)

ebenjen,

So you do concede that given the evidence presented from an organization that is considered experts on the former President that more likely then not Bikram did not treat Nixon for phlebitis?

If not, can you provide any evidence that to support your case other the "Bikram told me so and I have seen numerous celeberities (I do not debate that fact, Bikram has been the Guru to the stars for many years) at his studio, so it must be true"?

Bruce,

LOL! I stand corrected! Those pics are exactly what I was looking for!
ebenjen
Posted 2005-04-13 11:43 PM (#21894 - in reply to #21867)

yogabrian - 2005-04-13 6:05 PM

ebenjen,

So you do concede that given the evidence presented from an organization that is considered experts on the former President that more likely then not Bikram did not treat Nixon for phlebitis?

If you go back and re-read my post you will see that I said something similar to that but I don't take that as definitive proof.

If not, can you provide any evidence that to support your case other the "Bikram told me so and I have seen numerous celeberities (I do not debate that fact, Bikram has been the Guru to the stars for many years) at his studio, so it must be true"?

I never said "it must be true". I said (and it's still there if you want to go back and re-read), "I believe it to be true". I'm comfortable holding a belief that others find unlikely, even when I think they have a logical argument against it.

miss dee
Posted 2005-04-14 9:59 AM (#21919 - in reply to #21856)

Nice Bruce- that's fantastic. every time I look at it I crack up!
I have TONS of shots of B. I wish I knew how to use a photo program although some of them are funny enough without any help at all!

I heard the story about Elvis- in the Spring 2000 version B went to Vegas saw the fat and bloated King. he said he urged them to bring E to LA LA to be "Fixed".
E refused to go to LA LA land- B refuses to go to anyone- and on August 16,1977 the King died.

The funnier thing was the sheet of ridiculous B quotes that were gathered through out all the TTs and passed around. I looked for my copy the other day to share with y'all but I cant lay my hands on it. Who's got one? Come on... make us giggle more!!

Dee

Edited by miss dee 2005-04-14 10:00 AM
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)