YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

certain w/yoga
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga for Stress ReliefMessage format

brendajoost
Posted 2004-11-13 8:05 AM (#12122)
Subject: certain w/yoga

I have been doing yoga for 2 weeks now. And it has improve my well being. In just 2 weeks. AMAZING! I have started out slow with beginner dvd's. I just feel calmer. I haven't had an anxiety attack in almost 2 weeks. Before I was uncertain about yoga. Why I ever doubted it I don't know. My girlfriend who also suffers from anxeity told me she was taking yoga classes and it help her very much. And that is why I tried it. If I start feeling anxious I just do the breathibg exercises and it goes away. I still am on medication and it does help but even with med's I still get anxious, I know that med's alone are not a 100% fix. Thanks to the posts I got from the Yoga Dancer and itchy tummy and the other posts (sorry if I forgot the names) I do feel free. Just to know that I am not alone in this helps me very much. I will probably write at least once a week to to show my progress to my self and others who suffer from the same thing. And today I do plan on leaving the house to go met with my clients who came into town to see me for dinner. That is a big step for me. Hopefully things will work out. thanks everyone for your support. Now I am off to do my morning YOGA
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2004-11-13 1:42 PM (#12128 - in reply to #12122)
Subject: RE: certain w/yoga

hurrrrraaaayyyyyyyy!

Neel Kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
YogaDancer
Posted 2004-11-13 5:23 PM (#12132 - in reply to #12122)

How fantastic.
How lucky to be one of those people where yoga filled such a void that the difference is instantly recognizable. I envy you that.

You might enjoy the book and practices therein, called Yoga for Depression by Weintraub. I just read it on Thursday. You're feeling the same emotions and practice benefits she describes almost to the "T."

Keep at it, BreandaJoost. It only gets better. And Better!

YEAH!
C.
itchytummy
Posted 2004-11-14 10:39 PM (#12183 - in reply to #12132)

I'm so happy for you. I'm glad you are feeling great. Keep it up, and see if you can expand on your DVD practice and supplement it with some in person, instructor directed classes--maybe your joy will get even grander.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)