YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

nauseated
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

sandra
Posted 2004-01-27 12:13 AM (#3339)
Subject: nauseated

i just had my first bikram class and i feel so nauseated and sick that i don't want to go back. it was horrible. i almost threw up twice. and then i laid down on my back and felt like if i moved i was going to throw up. i know they said this is normal and that you get used to it but i truly feel sick. does this mean bikram is just not for me?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2004-01-27 11:18 AM (#3341 - in reply to #3339)
Subject: RE: nauseated

I was similar the first time--that freaking heat! And, there's little time to relax in Bikram--while the monologue is the same, instructors deliver it differently--newer, younger ones are not skilled in allowing some rest for the uninitiated. I've been doing it for 6 months now and still feel weak on occasion. When I do, I just take a standing or kneeling break until I'm ready to rock again.
Kathy Ann
Posted 2004-01-27 2:46 PM (#3345 - in reply to #3339)

Sandra - Don't give up on Bikram! The first time I tried it I got pretty nauseous too. It's really important to be well-hydrated before class so drink lots of water. I drink about 64 ounces during the day before I take an evening class. You may also need some electrolyte replacement during class rather than just plain water - something like Gatorade or my personal favorite Gookinaid. And be sure not to hold your breath. Breathe deeply in and out through your nose. It may take you a while to adjust to the heat, especially if you live in a climate that is mild. I live in Phoenix so I was already used to that extreme heat.

Best of luck to you!

Namaste
gainup
Posted 2005-03-24 10:34 PM (#20003 - in reply to #3339)

Also, make sure you don't eat 2 or even 3 hours before class. I've tested that theory and it's true!! You will get used to it, keep trying.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)