YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Don't know what to do! Help.
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga for Stress ReliefMessage format

itchytummy
Posted 2004-11-17 6:19 PM (#12397)
Subject: Don't know what to do! Help.

I'm a university student and a yoga instructor who teaches at various locations all over town. My issue? I've got to graduate by December as I already applied for graduation. I'm only about one month away from the end of the semester. I've been thinking about taking a break from either all the classes I teach or just the ones that are further away from my home and the university so that I can focus more on my studies until I graduate. I also will have to find subsititutes for the classes and have to notify my students in advance that I'll be gone, which can be a pain. The problem is, if I give up some or all of my classes until I graduate, I'll be out some money and will have to live like a pauper. Also, I love teaching yoga, and it helps keep me sane when I'm stressed about the oodles of work I have to do (18 credit hours worth of work! The university recommends not working if you're carrying that big a workload.). I don't know what to do. Anyone have some advice? Ideas? Help!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kulkarnn
Posted 2004-11-17 6:40 PM (#12405 - in reply to #12397)
Subject: RE: Don't know what to do! Help.

You have to accept that 1. One litre pot can only hold 1 litre of water. There is no point in trying to find a way to fit more in it. 2. If the pot is already full and you have to add more water, some previous water has to be removed. 3. Once the previous water is thrown, you should NOT think about this.

Lastly, use this instance for future events whether they are the University or during marriage, or during professional career. The fact that you hit it now, means probably you will hit such a situation later. If you come out smooth now, even though it seems like loosing something at hand, you shall do better in many future events.

Best Luck.

Neel Kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
Bay Guy
Posted 2004-11-17 10:13 PM (#12427 - in reply to #12397)

Expert Yogi

I agree with Neel. You can only do so much, and sometimes one activity
has to take priority over another. I'd suggest cancelling some of the
yoga classes you take, maybe 1/3, maybe 2/3, maybe all. You need to
pass you classes, preferrably with decent grades. Then you'll be done with
it. Just tell your yoga students that you'll be back after final exams are over.
I'm sure they'll be understanding, at least, the ones who really value your
teaching will be. They others are easily replaceable.

Good luck!
itchytummy
Posted 2004-11-19 2:04 PM (#12556 - in reply to #12427)

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll take what you've said into consideration. I already had 3 part time jobs and quit one. I was already thinking of cutting back on hours when I originally put up the post, and I guess I just needed someone to confirm what I already knew what I should do. Starting after Thanksgiving I'll probably cut back on teaching to focus more on school until I graduate. Once again, thanks. You guys are great.

Edited by itchytummy 2004-11-19 2:06 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)