YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What do do between classes
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

tszpara
Posted 2005-05-07 10:40 PM (#23701)
Subject: What do do between classes

I'm new to Bikram yoga (2nd week) and due to working 60+ hours a week I can't attend as much as I'd like. (only 2-3 times a week)
On days I don't go to class I could do something at home even if it is only for 15-20 minutes. What is recommended?
1. I have scar tissue on my left scapula and see a chiropractor for it.. Should I do poses that stretch that area?
2. My hip are really tight which is why I started this to improve fleixibility there. Should I stretch them?
3. Should I just work on my weakest 3-4 poses? (The balancing ones for example)

Thanks
Tony
Top of the page Bottom of the page
gogirl58
Posted 2005-05-10 6:31 PM (#23837 - in reply to #23701)
Subject: RE: What do do between classes

Extreme Veteran

I think you should do anything that your chiropractor thinks is safe, except for practicing your bikram poses. I don't think you should practice your bikram poses because I doubt you would be warmed up enough.

If your chiropractor can give you some stretches, that would be great. There is always, of course, situps.

Also, how about taking a walk. It would give you outside time and you can literally smell the flowers.
notsoflexible
Posted 2005-05-10 8:22 PM (#23839 - in reply to #23701)
Subject: RE: What do do between classes

I have scar tissue on my left scapula and see a chiropractor for it.. Should I do poses that stretch that area?
2. My hip are really tight which is why I started this to improve fleixibility there. Should I stretch them?

Massage Massage and more massage best thing in the world (imho) to break up scar tissue and to loosen tight muscles.

As a woman who works way too much I think the answer is for me, is not to squeeze in my practice time but to schedule in time. My work will always be there but it is my practice that sustains me and ultimately allows me to continue to do the hours I must do.
I would do the poses that support what your needs/desires are that day. I have learned that for some reason I cannot make my practice be as anal rententive as the rest of my world order
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)