YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hi
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

pandorart
Posted 2004-11-02 11:00 AM (#11514)
Subject: Hi

I am a very active 47 year old who is in very good shape with good muscle tone etc. I tend to push myself and over do it and lately everything hurts. I am not enjoying going to the gym at all. I tried Ashatanga yoga and Bikram and it felt great. My question is this. I am trying to decide if I can get the overall tone and fitness benefits from Yoga alone, as the weight training seems to only be hurting me now, i may think I am 18 but my body is telling me otherwise. I cannot afford to do both so i need to decide. Also how often should yoga be done in a week, assuming that was your main source of activity.

thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2004-11-02 11:26 AM (#11516 - in reply to #11514)
Subject: RE: Hi

Your situation is EXACTLY why I came to yoga Viki--doing a bench press at 50 with the weight I did in my 20s ****ed near crippled me for life. I began with Bikram 3-4 times a week and have never been in better shape.
Mitch
Posted 2004-11-04 3:46 PM (#11661 - in reply to #11514)
Subject: RE: Hi

Over time you'll find the amount of practice that is right for you and your body. Personally I practice an hour every morning and try to hit class 2 - 3 times a week. When my schedule is too full, I'll only get to 1 class a week, but I try to never miss the wake-up session.

You'll know you're hooked when you're not worried about how many sessions a week you need, but how many you can possibly squeeze in.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)