YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Headaches
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

Wulfheir
Posted 2004-09-07 9:56 AM (#9697)
Subject: Headaches

I have been doing Bikram yoga twice a week for 5 weeks. My flexibility is certainly increasing and it's giving me quite a workout. I have had no adverse effects, and contrarily, i always look forward to the next time i can go to a class. Who would have thought that something so physically demanding could be so relaxing. I feel more energy after a yoga class than I do after sleeping 8 hours.

Anyways, here's my question. My fiancee comes with me once a week and she gets a headache that evening, every time. My first question was if she's hydrating herself enough and she claims she is. Besides lack of water, do you know of another common cause of headaches from bikram yoga?

I get headaches when I do detox programs from the toxins in my body being released back into my blood, (or at least that's what I think is going on) could her headaches be a mini-version of this?

Thanks,
Wulfy
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2004-09-07 10:20 AM (#9699 - in reply to #9697)
Subject: RE: Headaches

Bikram is notorious for causing headaches to novices--it's a lot of heat and strain for newcomers. Hydration and food intake is important and simply getting used to the heat.
LoraB
Posted 2004-09-07 11:59 AM (#9705 - in reply to #9697)
Subject: RE: Headaches

When I first started practicing (non-Bikramite here) I also had headaches after almost every class. It's a matter of working with it, and finding the combination hydration and exertion in the practice. Even now, on nights where I feel that I go deeper into a practice than I usually do (even with great hydration) I find that I sometimes get headaches. Maybe it's just toxins being released....But it is normal, so do assure her of that.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)