YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

After Class Fatigue
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

rasbaboo
Posted 2005-05-31 2:57 AM (#24831)
Subject: After Class Fatigue

Hi. I've been practicing Bikram for about 5 months, 2-4 times a week. After a 5 day break I returned for a class. I seemed more winded than usual, but my breathing was even, as I went farther in my poses than I have gone before, especially the standing series. I felt great afterwards, but, a little later in the day, I pretty much slept and was tired all day. Fatigued maybe. And now a headache coming on as I'm about to crash. I'm 41 and in decent shape. Has anyone else experienced this? I remember this from when I started, but didn't expect it this late in the game. Am I just becoming an old fart or is it that some body types respond this way? I would appreciate some thoughts on this as I believe I'm supposed to feel more energetic, not wiped out. Thanks.

Edited by rasbaboo 2005-05-31 2:58 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tinyone
Posted 2005-05-31 11:12 AM (#24837 - in reply to #24831)
Subject: RE: After Class Fatigue

You're not an old fart.
I had the same experience after I had to take a break due to a family emergency. I think that fatigue of this sort is bound to take place with a change in your regular schedule. I am a retired dance teacher and the same thing happened to me when I would come back to teaching/rehearsals following spring or holiday recess.
Let your body dictate your practice as you are working back into your routine. I made a mistake and was too enthusiastic my first day back and ended up with a pulled hamstring that is only now (8 weeks later) feeling loose again.

Edited by tinyone 2005-05-31 11:13 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)