YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Interesting Bikram effects?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

grushka
Posted 2005-04-10 11:02 PM (#21609)
Subject: Interesting Bikram effects?

I posted earlier about Bikram Yoga being slightly culty, which I meant to be basically light hearted.

Anyway, I want to see if anyone has had an interesting positive 'side effects' from Bikram.

Here's my story: sorry to be gross, but I am plagued by foot and toenail fungus (I know, nasty). Not a single thing works on this stuff. I've tried EVERYTHING. Anyway, since I've been doing Bikram, the foot fungus has almost entirely cleared up. And there is substantial evidence the toenails are growing in clearer (a very slowww process). I'm pretty amazed, frankly.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Cyndi
Posted 2005-04-11 8:54 AM (#21618 - in reply to #21609)
Subject: RE: Interesting Bikram effects?

Expert Yogi

Grushka,

That doesn't surprise me at all and isn't it nice to have a simple cure for some of the most complicated things?! Disease, skin problems and your basic ailments that you could spend tons of money on trying to correct, is all about stagnant Qi or Prana Flow. Doing Yoga moves the Qi, therefore, removing the deficiency and disease, allowing the body to heal itself naturally. This also includes Gallstones!!! This is why Bikram can so PROUDLY say his sequence can correct major illinesses and diseases - I totally agree. Doing other types of yoga do the same thing too! Every asana has a different benefit for the human body system. Now, some people will come back to dispute this and try to argue about this. They will say they don't get results, yadda yadda. The reason they didn't get their results was either that they didn't do the asana's properly, didn't do them long enough, or had the American mind set that they want their problem gone RIGHT NOW and you must learn patience. They also do not really believe in their practice and they want some kind of western scientific proof about how and why it works. Some of the supposedly *best* practictioners were actually some of the worst, mainly because they didn't grasp the most important part of the practice..they were too busy trying to understand it from an intellect point of view...not experiential, therefore missing the boat altogether. Good luck with your practice. I have had wonderful results from my practice. I hiked 2 mountains that were extremely challenging in the past yesterday. Guess what?? It was a breeze, I barely even noticed it...who know's maybe I can trek to the first base camp of Everest without difficulty if I keep this up
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)