YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

HELP Me i have to much stress and im only 13
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga for Stress ReliefMessage format

cbg
Posted 2004-01-11 1:09 AM (#3139)
Subject: HELP Me i have to much stress and im only 13

Hi im 13 and i have way way to much stress on my hands and im loosing consintration in school i heard yoga would be good help how do i start i mean as in what book would take me in the right path?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
c
Posted 2004-01-28 2:03 PM (#3371 - in reply to #3139)
Subject: RE: HELP Me i have to much stress and im only 13

Hi,

Why not see if there is a teen yoga class in your area. They are becoming more and more popular.

Also, there are lots of beginner yoga books that you can find at your local bookstore. Look for ones with simple, straightforward explanations and pictures of the different poses.

Yoga definitely helps me with stress. It's helped me learn to relax -- I always look forward to class!

Hope that helps!
Emily
Posted 2004-01-29 9:07 AM (#3394 - in reply to #3139)

Light on Yoga is a great book that includes pictures of posesĀ  http://www.yoga.com/store/product.asp?SID=1&Product_ID=1420

Namaste,

Emily

madhusudan
Posted 2004-02-22 9:43 PM (#3963 - in reply to #3139)

Dear, Iam doing one YOGA for STRESS and other benifits it is SAHAJA YOGA it is purely on Meditation, my kids also doing this,it helps them for there studies and sports.I am sure it will benifit you iam doing it for last 18 years, iam a Inadian.There is site for it WWW.sahajayoga.org
www.sahajayoga.org.uk Pl be free to ask any doubt on this.
My E-Mail is kmadhu60@yahoo.com
good luck,
madhusudan

Posted 2004-02-23 6:16 AM (#3968 - in reply to #3139)

I'm concerned about you having so much stress at 13. Have you talked to parents/teachers about this? My wife and I went through this with one of our daughters. We got her some counselling and that helped. Little stress is good and so is the fact you've identified it--good start and shows impressive maturity. So please talk about it with those who care about you--and certainly start yoga now before you get real old like me and can barely bend over to tie your shoes
Bruce

cbg - 2004-01-10 12:09 AM

Hi im 13 and i have way way to much stress on my hands and im loosing consintration in school i heard yoga would be good help how do i start i mean as in what book would take me in the right path?
afroyogi
Posted 2004-02-23 4:58 PM (#4009 - in reply to #3139)

Hi cbg,
of course yoga can help you dealing with stress better. But it won't make the stress go away! So before you're starting yoga and add another stress factor to your young life you should sit down and try to figure out what's causing all that stress.
Is it a too tight time schedule? In that case picking up yoga would be the wrong action. Or is it relationships? Family? Peer pressure? School? Sports?
Once you've addressed the culprit try to get rid of it. Yoga can help you focusing on your problems but it'll not make you get rid of them. You have to face your problems and you have to do that on your own! Sorry.

satyaji
Posted 2004-02-24 6:01 AM (#4015 - in reply to #3963)

find out what causes stress first. ONly hatha yoga cannot bring down ur stress, Learn Karma yoga from a spiritual master with DWAITA PHILOSOPY BACKGROUND .Learn Japa yoga. PRACTICE bHAKTHIYOGA. Learn scriptures thro Gnana yoga.Where is stress for a child when father takes care everything. Be a child to GOD.He will takecare of U too. ashsat_2000@yahoo.com.in
lillady30
Posted 2004-02-25 1:23 AM (#4052 - in reply to #3139)

Hi. I don't know to much about yoga either but was wondering if maybe you have talked to your parents about all this stress you are feeling? At 13 you should be enjoying yourself. I do understand the pressures of being a teenager but maybe talking to someone about it if you haven't already would help. Good luck
hazeldaze
Posted 2004-03-02 9:28 AM (#4238 - in reply to #3139)

I was very stressed out when I was 13, with big problems and little ones. There is a lot of good advice here for you, related to yoga or not. You might feel as though everyone has control but you, forgive me if I'm wrong, but the only way things will get better is for you to address the problems head on. Confront who ever makes you unhappy, change any habits that aren't good for you, join clubs/church/yoga or something that you would enjoy and help you grow as a person and definatly don't hold it in, talk about it to who ever you think would understand, teacher, parent, couselor( I know people tell you to talk to a counselor and that isn't easy to begin but once you do you'll see that they aren't going to just tell you there is something wrong with you, they will only help you sort things out AND you have the comfort of confidentiality, they won't go gossip your problems everywhere) What helped me was keeping a journal, even if you don't write everyday it is good to know you can express yourself freely. I hope things get easier for you, don't think that how you feel now is how you'll always feel. If you need to talk about anything you can email me specia1pie@yahoo.com.
Maria
Michelle
Posted 2004-06-28 7:10 PM (#7879 - in reply to #3139)

Oh I totaly understand. I am 14 and although summer vacation is now here during the school year and even life can be so stressful. I am reading a book called 'Yoga a life of practice' which has been one of the better yoga books I have read. It gives background to yoga as well as finding inner peace, outer peace and postures-so on and so forth. It truely is a great book and I would pick it up. Believe it or not I got it a Bath and Body Works so it shouldn't be hard to find. I hope that this helps.
pkjain2812
Posted 2004-06-30 5:48 AM (#7962 - in reply to #3139)

Do art of living course 5 days by Sri sri ravishankar ji , where uare located ??
kulkarnn
Posted 2004-06-30 6:29 PM (#8025 - in reply to #3139)

You must tell your teacher what the cause of Stress is or nature, then only they can helpyou.

Neel Kulkarni www.authenticyoga.org
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)