YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what is in the water
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Wellness -> Diet and NutritionMessage format

tubeseeker
Posted 2008-02-13 11:32 AM (#103392)
Subject: what is in the water

so besides air water is number two in order of importance as far as nutrition. getting water from the tap is not very pure and if we get it from the spring water then it comes in a platic jug and plastic is not supposed to be very good to you. so what is the best way of getting the purest water possible with minerals in it. currently I buy jugged water and put it in a copper cup overnight.
I also like maple suryp but it comes in plastic as well, is there anything I could do to purify the maple syrup?
thanks
Seeker

Edited by tubeseeker 2008-02-13 11:56 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tourist
Posted 2008-02-13 6:48 PM (#103434 - in reply to #103392)
Subject: RE: what is in the water

Expert Yogi

A copper cup sounds yucky to me. You will be adding taste to that water, for sure. Why not glass?
Cyndi
Posted 2008-02-13 8:02 PM (#103440 - in reply to #103434)

Expert Yogi

I bought a cup made out of olive wood from Italy. It was pretty cool. I think some plastic is healthier than others. I know whenever I order containers for my honey, I always choose Glass. The plastic is food grade, but I still don't like anything plastic either...specially for my honey. I like to use certain types of pottery and I collect decorative tea cups...I really like the Japanese ones with no handles. I have several varieties and is mostly what I use. I have a friend who is a pottersmith (is this what ya call it??), he makes really interesting dinnerware, cups and glasses.

Fortunately for me, I live in the mountains and my water is from a well. It tastes soo incredible. When I was in Italy, the bottled water had different medicinal and nutritional value depending on the area is was from. There was this one that really made you have to pee pee all the time. I avoided that one - bigtime. Then there was one that I felt was exactly the same as my mountain water, and that made me feel quite at home,
tubeseeker
Posted 2008-02-14 9:05 AM (#103460 - in reply to #103434)

the copper cup is according to many practicioners of ayurvedic, and for me it has no bad taste. The reason for the copper cup is it is supposed to cleanse the water. Many metals and stones are used for health reasons in ayurvedic traditions according to what I have read, but I could always be wrong
tourist
Posted 2008-02-14 10:28 AM (#103468 - in reply to #103460)

Expert Yogi

Hmmm...I would still be cautious about using something like that exclusively. It will definitely be transferring minerals to the water. I have no idea what those are or how safe - is there lead used in making copper or could it be contaminated? It may be perfectly delightful for your system, but like using cast iron, it may have drawbacks. For example, I used to keep water for my houseplants in a brass watering can until the plants started looking very sick. So now I use the can but don't store the water in it. That's how I would think of it - store in glass, drink from the copper. This is just a gut thing. I have no knowledge to back it up.
Cyndi
Posted 2008-02-14 11:38 AM (#103474 - in reply to #103468)

Expert Yogi

Actually, Tubeseeker is right about the Ayurvedic thing....my husband has a copper cup and thinks this way too. Personally, I never drink from this cup because I don't feel it is healthy for me. I like pure natural sources and it's kinda an intuitive thing. Like Tourist says, it's something you feel in your gut. So, having that said....

I question most sources of metal these days as being pure because of all the crap they add to it and the dishonesty that goes around in our world today. Personally, I like natural wood and I liked the Olive Wood cup I bought in Italy for this reason. That little cup cost $15 US dollars and the quality of it was exceptional...true blue and pure. Actually, I gave it to my husband in hopes that he would drink from it rather than the copper pot (that he bought at the cheap Indian market that came from God Knows where??) that sits on our sink, changing colors and looks pretty gross if you ask me!!
kedar
Posted 2011-12-16 5:44 AM (#209629 - in reply to #103392)
Subject: Re: what is in the water

Copper and Silver vessels have been proved to show anti-bacterial properties. Water kept in glass and the same water in a copper vessel overnight shows a reduction in bacterial activity.

The disadvantage, however, is that copper needs to be cleansed every other day with special solution to remove its oxides. The vessels will become green or pink depending on the temperature and humid conditions. The same goes for silver as well.

This is the reason why traditionally Indians ate and drank in silver/copper vessels.

Air tight containers breed anaerobic bacteria, unless the water is packaged-oxygenated. Water bottles usually give rise to this.

But the biggest question is "should we drink pure water?"

This may sound crazy but drinking mineral pure water keeps your immune system weak. Just like, to create anti-venom, we inject small quantities of venom into a horse. We need to add small quantities of contaminants into our water. This way our immune system develops anti-bodies and keeps our immunity strong. This is practiced in some temples in India, where the idol is created with a few lethal toxins. Water drips from these idols and collects small quantities of these poisons and this is consumed daily.

And finally drink water only when you are thirsty.
ilchileesedona
Posted 2014-06-25 11:16 PM (#211587 - in reply to #103392)
Subject: Re: what is in the water

Veteran

Water is very good for optimal health.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)