YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

weight lose
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Bikram YogaMessage format

baby blue
Posted 2004-02-25 11:32 AM (#4066)
Subject: weight lose

okay it has been 2 weeks@ 3 times a week and i still have not lost a poud but gained 3 !!!!!!!!!!!! eat not that much salad and tuna mostly. Oh yeah i also drink water like its going out of style
help !!!!1
is there something wrong with me or am i just wanting to fast to soon
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Posted 2004-02-25 1:54 PM (#4078 - in reply to #4066)
Subject: RE: weight lose

Too soon and you're focusing too much on the weight loss--salad and tuna are good but notice you said you're watering it up. just you wait and keep at it. I don't recall exactly when I noticed my 501s sliding off my hips without unbuttoning them--I'm going to say two months. But, I'm 6'1", 200lbs.

You don't describe yourself or what you were expecting to lose so hard to offer more.

baby blue - 2004-02-25 10:32 AM

okay it has been 2 weeks@ 3 times a week and i still have not lost a poud but gained 3 !!!!!!!!!!!! eat not that much salad and tuna mostly. Oh yeah i also drink water like its going out of style
help !!!!1
is there something wrong with me or am i just wanting to fast to soon
baby blue
Posted 2004-02-25 4:28 PM (#4081 - in reply to #4066)

okay im 24 and im about 5'7 im at 180 right now BAD it look me 2 years to go from 130 to 180 and now i wnt to go back to 130 for me that will make me feel good about my self,

i want to drink all the time and i drink water.
what should i be eating? my teacher told me that i can eat anything i want just slamm amounts and only when i want to. is that what you should do or really watch what i eat.
vero
Posted 2004-02-25 5:03 PM (#4086 - in reply to #4081)

Hey, Baby Blue.
Do you think, maybe you are builting muscle and that is the reason you are gaining just a little bit of weight? Do your clothes fit you better? I know when I started, about 4 weeks ago, I did not loose weight but I did loose fat and build muscle. I know Yoga Dancer doesnt think so, but all the people around were seeing a difference in my body, even before I did. Anyway, dont dispair you are doing something good for your body even if you dont see a difference right away.
Thats my opinion

Vero

Posted 2004-02-25 7:01 PM (#4095 - in reply to #4081)

Are you weak at all (other than minute 60 in Bikram)? Just wanted to eliminate any type II diabetes. Now see kiddo, it took you two years to put on 50 lbs--give it a few months to get rid of it. Seriously, I know it's hard and I know you want it NOW dammit--just doesn't work that way without screwing you up.
I just recommend watching your caloric intake and enjoying (and working your butt off) at yoga--it'll come.

baby blue - 2004-02-25 3:28 PM

okay im 24 and im about 5'7 im at 180 right now BAD it look me 2 years to go from 130 to 180 and now i wnt to go back to 130 for me that will make me feel good about my self,

i want to drink all the time and i drink water.
what should i be eating? my teacher told me that i can eat anything i want just slamm amounts and only when i want to. is that what you should do or really watch what i eat.
baby blue
Posted 2004-02-26 7:59 AM (#4107 - in reply to #4066)

i love yoga i go every other day and i love it. i know that it will take longer but i have this hunger thing that will NOT go away being in school does not help ) i can tell you that i do feel a little different when i put my pants on thats a good thing for me i also snowboard and thats a big thing with legs. in yoga all the leg postures. i can do with no problem the teacher said WOW last night on every postures i did.

another this i drink like 2gal of water a way IF not more can it be water weight that im putting on?

Edited by baby blue 2004-02-26 8:05 AM

Posted 2004-02-26 8:33 AM (#4108 - in reply to #4107)

BB, is this big ole thirst a new thing? Did it come on when you started Bikram or before. Seriously my wife got diabetes at your age (Type 1) and the thirst, she found out subsequently) was the first indicator. I am NOT a doctor and do not mean to scare you just offering this and recommending you talk with a doc simply to eliminate the possibility. And I'll add, my wife has had diabetes for 30 years and is fine physical shape as it's controllable.

baby blue - 2004-02-26 6:59 AM

i love yoga i go every other day and i love it. i know that it will take longer but i have this hunger thing that will NOT go away being in school does not help ) i can tell you that i do feel a little different when i put my pants on thats a good thing for me i also snowboard and thats a big thing with legs. in yoga all the leg postures. i can do with no problem the teacher said WOW last night on every postures i did.

another this i drink like 2gal of water a way IF not more can it be water weight that im putting on?
vero
Posted 2004-02-26 12:36 PM (#4112 - in reply to #4107)

hello

You know, maybe you are worring about the scale too much. I dont think it should be an issue as long as you feel good and you are looking better. As for the hunger, I get really, really, really, hungry about 1/2 an hour after brikram yoga and I just eat whatever I am in the mood for, sometimes its a burger sometimes its a chicken salad. I'm still seeing results. I think the most important thing (I learned recently) is to listen to our bodies. And that is one thing that yoga does for you.

I'm impress with you doing the leg postures. you go dude!!

Vero
baby blue
Posted 2004-02-26 12:45 PM (#4113 - in reply to #4066)

thank you but im not sick with anything my dad is a doctor and he said taht its only cause my body puts out alot of sweat and its normal.( i talked to him about it today )

i love yoga but you are right i do see that my pants are a little different and the scale thing is cause i snowboard and ran track i was at the gym 4 times a week at 3 hours i was at 0 fat and had a car accident and that was it . this is why i know that 180 for me is not normal im the fates in my family from both sides.
i know that it will come i just wish it will be faster i also know that it takes time for your body to get there but then it hits that point where it just does and you eat everything and dont know why your body does not put anything on. i just have to take my time,.

also how many time a week shold i be going EVERYDAY everyOTHER DAY?? i know that i can go everyday with no problem BUT is it health to be in that heat eveyrday?
Kathy Ann
Posted 2004-02-26 1:00 PM (#4116 - in reply to #4066)

It's my understanding that Bikram was trying to re-create the hot, humid conditions of India where yoga originated. Obviously, people do live in those types of conditions and it is largely a matter of your body becoming acclimated to it. Bikram does encourage daily practice. As long as you are properly hydrated, I would not think that a daily practice would be any more unhealthy than 2 or 3 times a week, but that is just my opinion. Why not try every other day and work up to a daily practice, if you have the time and money! Of course, there is also the danger of getting "burnt out" mentally from going every day which may make you give up altogether. Moderation in all things is usually the best path.

Good luck!
mishyb
Posted 2004-02-27 9:39 PM (#4162 - in reply to #4066)

Hi.. I have been doing Bikram on and off for five years now.. and i am also a personal trainer.. BE patient!! the inches will come off.. the scale means NOTHING.. get a favorite piece of clothing and go by how it fits you week to week.. your body changes daily.. you can be less one day and more another.. You should be doing CARDIO in addition to Bikram for ultimate weight loss/inch loss.. The cardio will help in your practice too..
CAgoldbear
Posted 2004-04-07 5:15 PM (#5203 - in reply to #4162)
Subject: RE: weight loss

I, too, am concerned with the weight loss factor. I don't like high- impact exercises that put lots of pressure on my hips and knees (running, skiing, etc.), which is why I enjoy Yoga. I just started doing the Bikram style, and I loved the sweat, just not the pain in my joints. I'm mostly interested in Bikram for weight loss - I swim a few times a week for cardio. Is this enough? How does Bikram add to a balanced weight loss program?
LoraB
Posted 2004-04-07 5:36 PM (#5205 - in reply to #4066)

You say you don't eat too much -mostly salad and tuna..Could it be that you're not getting enough calories? The body has a tendency to go into starvation mode and save every little calorie when that happens.....I know that I have better luck when I eat more. Not junk, mind you, or force myself to eat, but the whole 6 small meals as opposed to 3 big meals. But like Vero or Afroyogi said, listen to your body. Eat healthy msot of the time but if you really want that cheeseburger and can't get it out of your head, go for it. And sometimes you just want that (or cake or whatever). Your body knows what it needs - be it a craving for a specific food for vitamins or minerals or protein. The more yoga you practice the more in tune you'll be with those needs and can fulfill them without overdosing.
LoraB
Posted 2004-04-07 5:39 PM (#5206 - in reply to #4066)

Oh, and as far as the water thing. I know it sounds strange, but the water that I get from the fountains at school and at work leave me thirstier than when I started but I don't have that problem with the water at home. Either somethign is added or taken away and there's a huge difference. I ened up drinking 1 bottle at home to 2 at school/work - so that could be a culprit too.
vero
Posted 2004-04-08 4:14 PM (#5229 - in reply to #5206)

The water fountain!! I thought that was just me. I could never get enough water no matter how much time I spend hunched over those things. Good to know there is someone out there as weird as me

Vero
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)