YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

sah ich einen anderen
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> General YogaMessage format

xiaoxiangyu
Posted 2020-09-19 1:37 AM (#255915)
Subject: sah ich einen anderen

Expert Yogi

Our final stop was the infamous Kleinfeld, which functions like a well-oiled machine. Seriously, it's like a factory, with an assembly line and all. Our saleswoman here asked MM what she liked, and she did a good job Abiballkleider Lang of bringing her stuff based on description alone (there is no rack-browsing at Kleinfeld). MM found two more gorgeous dresses, then narrowed it down to one, which was definitely in the top two of the day. To help persuade her, we ventured out into the main salon, which had much better lighting and mirrors, and we were visited by the vail saleslady (I almost fell out of my chair when I saw the price tag on the very simple veil MM tried on) and the cheesy jeweled-hairpiece guy, who was conducting a trunk show (the beautiful but not totally spectacular hairpiece he was pushing on MM cost almost as much as the dress she loved). Also conducting a trunk show: Project Runway's Austin Scarlett, who now designs for Amsale, and who wears more makeup than most women I know, has a disproportionally huge head, and, if he were a woman, would probably be a size 2. He smiled at me, though it was Long Evening Dresses probably a smile of pity (it wasn't until Kleinfeld Semi Formal Dresses that I discovered my top was totally see-through). While MM was being fawned over by various salespeople, I looked around at the other girls being fawned over by other various salespeople and...yikes. I know there's no such thing as an ugly bride, but I think there sure are ugly bridal gowns. That's all I'm going to say about that. Still, while it's fun to get all caught up in the bridal-salon experience--and there's nowhere better to do it than at Kleinfeld--you've got to keep in mind that the bridal industry is a mutli-billion-dollar business. It's enough to make you want to just buy a white linen dress, hop on a plane, and get married on the beach in Antigua. Tempting, no?

MM's next plan of attack is to hit the E. 9th Street boutiques, which will probably be a totally different experience. And since I live 5 blocks from Balkl?nningar Barn them--and because Saturday was so much fun--I'll hopefully accompany her. Because, while it's fun to help your girlfriend pick out the perfect dress, you're also gathering information that might come in handy one day. You know, just in case.

Shopping for a bridal gown is a bit like shopping for a car, you show saying that you’re just browsing and then voila, the perfect dress is staring right at you. Brides are often surprised if they find the right dress quickly, but that’s just how it works, when you know, you know. Of course, buying a dress is a big decision, but if you start shopping be ready to purchase.

“TV shows and movies often play up that brides put on dress after dress to find ‘the one,'” says Malinda Macari, owner of Your Dream Bridal in Sudbury, Mass. “Trying on a dozen gowns usually just complicates things and Two Piece Formal Dresses exhausts the decision-making process. If you’ve come into the store knowing your budget and your likes and dislikes, and then find a dress that you love—go with it.”

There is a difference between expressing what you want and acting like a Bridezilla. While it makes sense to trust an experienced salesperson, at the end of the day, she’s not the one walking down the aisle. If you notice that your stylist isn’t quite hearing you, ask to pause and start over until she understands what you’re looking for exactly. In a situation where there is clearly a clash of personalities and opinions, you might have to find another boutique that welcomes your feedback, recommends Macari.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)