YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sequencing for students with no experience in "All Levels" classes
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Yoga -> Yoga TeachersMessage format

Evolution Of A Yogi
Posted 2015-06-28 10:31 PM (#212510)
Subject: Sequencing for students with no experience in "All Levels" classes

New User

Hi fellow yogis! I'm new to the forum.. I'm a fairly new yoga teacher and in need of some advice.

I teach at a local gym where classes are designated "All Levels" for those who wish to attend. I initially thought my classes would be attended by gym buffs looking to get in shape. I was totally wrong (well sort of), my classes are attended by older individuals (55+) some seeking relaxation or smaller stomachs, others just interested in being able to attend a yoga class. Let me get to the point....

My class attendees are all beginners - have never attended a yoga class prior to this one, with very little body awareness. I've been leading very basic, non-flow/vinyasa style classes. All of my attendees should be in a beginners class. Attendance varies from week to week, so treating the class like a beginners workshop is pretty much out of the question. Week by week I struggle trying to decide what to teach my students and how to teach them. Sun Salutations are pretty much out of the question (injuries, lack of mobility, etc... ), but teaching a full restorative class isn't necessarily an option (lack of props and student expectations)...

How do I provide my students a class that is safe but is also physically appealing and challenging?

Any help, advice or recommendations would be appreciated!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)