YogiSource.com my account | view cart | customer service
 Search:    
Welcome to the new Yoga.com Forums home!
For future visits, link to "http://www.YogiSource.com/forums".
Make a new bookmark.
Tell your friends so they can find us and you!

Coming soon ... exciting new changes for our website, now at YogiSource.com.

Search | Statistics | User Listing View All Forums
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

a good meditation routine?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Meditation -> General MeditationMessage format

pos69sum
Posted 2008-02-29 11:16 AM (#104142)
Subject: a good meditation routine?

My attempts to start a daily meditation habit were unsuccessful until I started incorporating meditation into the daily 20 minute yoga and stretching routine at the gym.

What I do is - generally keep my eyes close and focus on a mantra or affirmation in my mind as I do my yoga and stretching. This is not the same as sitting perfectly still as most texts on traditional meditation advise you to. Also - there is some noise at my gym, people talking, music playing, etc. In order to drown out the random noise I play music on my headphones.

I know this is not traditional meditation - but I have been sticking to it for almost 4 months now, and the affirmation that I have been repeating to myself - 'I am going to do well at work' - seems to have taken root! I have been doing really well at work lately.

Should I stick to this meditation routine or should I try to do a more traditional meditation routine?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
parihar
Posted 2008-03-01 11:41 AM (#104184 - in reply to #104142)
Subject: RE: a good meditation routine?

I would suggest you that you should try more of traditional way of meditating...

What you are doing right now is like you do it without proper knowledge... which aint bad... you will surely get benefits out of it, ... but if you do under the guidance of an instructor/guru/guide book it helps even more... there are a few BITS and Bytes that are to be taken "care" of when you meditate... that should help even more ..

best of luck..
gud day !
tubeseeker
Posted 2008-03-04 12:20 PM (#104393 - in reply to #104142)

congrats on finding a routine and sticking to it. You are seeing the fruits of your labor. If you feel it is time to move on then go with that. You did the meditation your way and maybe that is why it worked well for you. There is no one correct way. Persoally My routine is a combination of what I feel is the best of what I have learned from multiple sources. If you feel forced to do it someone elses way then your mind may rebell. Read up on meditation and go with what you feel is best for you. For me I incoperate two different breathing practices, between them I chant OM for a few minutes, then after teh sencond breathing practice is over I just sit there, after taht I relax in corpse pose. It works for me but may not work for your. Good luck in your search
seeker
alexl
Posted 2008-03-13 1:00 AM (#104837 - in reply to #104142)

Hi,
agreed with tubeseeker. whatever technique works for you, stick with it.
I used to do more traditional style last time until I found a new one that's really simple back in 2001.
The most important thing is to meditate in Divine Love & Lights from The Source.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)